Recovery from a traditional butt lift (photo)

Hi! I want to have a traditional butt lift (I do not want implants) next summer. My question is that my son will be going off to college at the end of that summer and I will need to drive him there (9-hour drive). How much time between the procedure and sitting in a car for that long? Any tips--- how often should I stop and for how long? Etc? Thank you!

Recovery Butt lift

Hello, nice to answer your question.

The recommended recovery time of this surgical procedure is 15- 30 days, with intermediate range of 21 days.
good luck

Fat transfer / recovery

Thanks for your question. After the transfer of fat in the buttocks you must wait a period so the fat can be  integrated and it is safe to travel sitting for so long. You should expect to wait 6-8 weeks for this to happen completely.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Traditional Butt Lift

If you have a butt lift with the fat transfer procedure, you should be fine to drive as long as a few weeks have passed since the procedure.  With any long trip following surgery, you should stop frequently and walk around and make sure you drink plenty of fluids.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon