What is a realistic recovery time frame for a mom of 4 getting a breast lift and augmentation?

I'm 5 weeks pre op. I'm a mom of 4. My kids are 4,3,2 and 3 months. I'm a hair stylist and have 8 days off after surgery. Is that enough? I'm getting an anchor lift with silicone 450ish under the muscle. How many days should I expect to be in bed after surgery? Can I expect to be up and moving around 3 days post op or will I be looped on pain meds? My hubs took 8 days off to help me, is that enough? When should I start feeling like I'm on the mend? Is day 2 truly the worst?

What is a realistic recovery time.

Recovery recommendation will vary by practice, however we expect our patients to be up, certainly out of bed, and back to work by one week, often less. You are correct in that the second day is the "hard" day in recovery but every day there after should be a better one. Talk to your surgeon about his specific care plan.

Breast lift and implants

You should not stay in bed after surgery, because you risk developing clots in your legs. As for recovery, by about a week or so usually patients start to feel better and can go back to light duty.  I usually recommend limit exertion for about 3-4 weeks and vigorous activity for 6-8 weeks.

Recovery time frame after breast lift with augmentation

Women tell me that the first three days after surgery feels like when their milk came in with pregnancy. Medications will help during this period. I tell my patients that they can lift their children to transfer to a high chair, car seat, and crib by the third day after surgery. Check on your surgeon's protocol. Discomfort eases up a lot by the fourth day, and patients are often back to work in an office setting by fifth day. My patients who are hair stylists often go back to work by the 14th day (they are a little sore), and are fully good to go by the third week. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths. Hope this information helps and good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Recovery Time for a Mom of 4 for a Breast Lift and Augmentation

Pain varies per person and medication to control #discomfort will be provided. Healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help.

As I tell my patients, you make take gentle walks within a few days following your #surgery. Light #activity may be started 7-10 days after surgery. If your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical, strenuous activity for a specified period of time. Do not begin light aerobic #exercise for 3 weeks and strenuous exercise for at least 6 weeks. Let your body tell you what it can tolerate. It is always recommended to call and see your surgeon to discuss your healing concerns.

Your procedure should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift and implant recovery

For most patients they can return to most jobs that do not require chest muscle use in 8 days. I do not know if a hairdresser falls under that group. I imagine your chest muscles are used a lot and you might need at least 2 weeks recovery, maybe more. Some patients seem to have no problem and could go do hair at 8 days. It really varies. Good luck.