Post op surgical bra. Any suggestions?

I know that each surgeon has their own specific post op procedures and recommendations. I would like some suggestions on a post op bra. A sports bra has been recommended but I want more support. I am a bartender/server and I work up to 15 hours a day. Thank you.

Post op surgical bra

Try checking out these brands of sports bras they give the best support: Shock Absorber, TaTa Tamer by Lululemon or Full Support Comfort Sports Bra by Champion. 

Post op Bra

Hi Thank you for your question. Any bra without a wire which provides good support is a good post op bra, It is also best if the zipper is at the front of the bra. 

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post op surgical bra. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question .    A professionally manufacture post surgical bra. Avoid underwire bras for three months.

Best of luck!!

Post op surgical bra

I usually recommend patients use a sports bra with a two inch strap on the bottom that opens and closes in the front for convenience. Under armor makes a decent one. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Post-op bra

I usually recommend a sports bra and have patients avoid underwire bras for at least 6 weeks. Best to ask your doc.

No bra after breast augmentation

Recent studies have shown that wearing a bra right after breast augmentation leads to a higher chance of capsular contracture.  In my practice, we put an ace wrap on the patient the day of surgery, then remove it the next day.  We don't allow any bras for the first month.  After that, we decide on bra use once the implants have settled into proper position.

Post op surgical bra. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your excellent question.  There are a number of companies that sell post surgical garments and I have found that Marena and Karlee-Smith make excellent bras that are non-underwire and do not place pressure over your incisions.  Hope this helps.

Garment usage following Breast Augmentation

Thank you for this great question! I always provide two post-operative compression garments for my patient to insure that they are receiving the support needed during recovery. These garments are much like a sports bra although they offer some added comfort measures with adjustable closures in the front to allow the patient to adjust as swelling subsides as well as a nice comfortable wide band in order to help alleviate any discomfort due to incision placement. I have researched many different companies and always found Marena to offer the best option for post-operative garment selection. Patients are more than welcome to purchase garments from this company as well. As always I do recommend you follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in order to make sure the garment you have selected will meet their requirements. I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck! 

Patrick Viscardi, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

What type of Bra should I wear?

Congrats on your recent surgery! In my practice I recommend you wear a surgical bra that closes in the front for 3 weeks.  You want something that will have enough support and help keep the implants in place.  After 3 weeks I tell my patients they can then wear an underwire bra during the day and a supports bra at night.  If you have a hard time finding a surgical bra perhaps your surgeon could order something for you.  Best of luck!