Perfect jawline. Any suggestions? (photos)

hate my neck angle and how it appears that my chin runs directly into my neck, what are my options for adding more definition and getting the chin and neck angle closer to 90 degrees? I want the neck angle I present with a picture!

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

hunterw16, assuming you are 16 I would recommend you wait a year or two before surgery. with that said if your bite is not an issue then a chin implant will improve your appearance considerably. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has plenty of good photos to peruse. See the video for more information. good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perfect jawline. Any suggestions?

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak as are the cheeks and mandibular angles as compared to the male model example provided.  Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate for weak chin profile

It's going to be impossible to give you a male models jaw and neck line. Start with a chin implant first which can bring the chin forward to help with facial balance and proportions.  For more information and many examples, please see  the link and the video below