Notched and crooked columella after open rhinoplasty (Photo)

I have a notched columella with a lot of tension ( cant open mouth to wide to eat food) 2 months after open rhinoplasty. What are my options to get corrected? Can this is be excised? What could be causing this at this point? Botched?

2 months post op

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Notched columellar scar after rhinoplasty

After reviewing your photos, it appears that you have very thick and sebaceous nasal tip skin - which can often provide a particular challenge to the rhinoplasty surgeon.  Your nose will continue to change over the next several weeks to months, and the final result will likely take 12-18 months.

Columellar scar

I depressed columellar scar can be lifted with help of a filler.  Any attempt on revising it might fail.At 2 months it is very early to assess the final result as they can be significant swelling still in the nasal tip.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked columella

At two months you should start feeling the upper lip loosen up a little. You have thick, sebaceous nasal skin so there is likely some element of swelling still present in the nasal tip. Make sure you are following up regularly with your rhinoplasty surgeon so they can monitor the nose for any changes and address your concerns along the way. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Soon!

It is so hard to be patient!

After every rhinoplasty, it takes an entire year to see the final result.  Seems you had an open rhinoplasty and therefore a lot of surgical manipulations were performed in the exact area of your concern.  Plus your nasal skin is on thick side which makes it take even longer. We used to tell our patients to keep a stiff upper lip.  

So eat smaller bites for a while!

Thomas Funcik, MD
Mount Pleasant Facial Plastic Surgeon