Is Mommy Makeover the best procedure for me after weightloss? (Photos)

I've had Gastric Bypass in 2011 and I went from 323 to 167. I have since went back up to 198. I am happy the weight that I am however I would like for my Tummy to be flat, a nice curved waist line, breast lifted with no implants, and the fat lipo from my upper back and love handles. I am anemic and I receive infusions so will my hemoglobin be an issue or should I get an infusion a few weeks before surgery. I am looking for the best doctor in the South east region to do the correct procedure

Mommy Makeover the best procedure for me after weightloss?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery; of course, definitive advice would require much more information. Exactly what operations would be beneficial will depend on your concerns/goals. Based on your photographs and description, it sounds like you may be a good candidate for breast lifting plus breast augmentation as well as tummy tuck surgery. You will find a lot of information regarding these procedures of this website, as well as on the attached link.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover Following Major Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss success! It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

A mommy makeover may be the answer.

Based on the photos, you may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover that includes a tummy tuck, breast lift and liposuction now that you’ve reached your target weight. A tummy tuck with liposuction can address excess skin and fat in your abdomen and tighten your abdominal wall. A breast lift can minimize sagging and raise the position of your breasts. Be sure to bring up any other concerns while talking with your plastic surgeon. A mommy makeover is just a nickname for procedures that can be customized to fit your needs. Anemia shouldn’t be a problem but it’s best to check with your primary care doctor and detail your history and infusion schedule with your plastic surgeon prior to scheduling your procedure.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

Recommendations

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. 

Based on your goals, you may want to consider a full abdominoplasty and breast lift. 

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

Take care.

Mommy makeover

Wow, great job on the weight loss, even if you’ve gained a bit back.

A mommy makeover can definitely help you get the contoured waist, flatter stomach, perkier breasts, and smoother back you’d like. Anemia can be an issue, so it would be best to inform your surgeon before undergoing surgery. I would also suggest talking to your doctor to see if surgery would be safe for you. 

Selecting procedures to make up a mommy makeover.

As your weight has stabilized you would certainly aesthetically benefit from a mastopexy, abdominoplasty, and possibly liposuction of the waist and bra roll area. Depending on the redundancy of skin in the back a belt lipectomy might be an option. Physical examination would be necessary to establish this.

Multiple procedures

Thank you for the question and the photos and with medical clearance you could go forward but would get the best result is you returned to the lighter weight

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. Congratulations on your weight loss! You seem to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover. You would achieve the aesthetic you desire from a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck and liposuction of the flanks and back. This will give you the hourglass shape you desire. At the same time, you could benefit from a breast lift procedure. Seri surgical scaffold may be an option as it would act as an internal bra after your breast lift. You will need to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations especially in regards to your anemia. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover After Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is quite an accomplishment.  A breast lift will reposition your nipples higher and reshape your breast.  A tummy tuck can give you a flatter contour, and liposuction of the flanks can give you a more hour glass shape to your waistline.  If you are anemic, I would check with your medical doctor to see if you need iron supplementation before surgery (it can take months for the iron to take affect, so see your doctor well in advance of your surgery), or to see if you need a preop infusion.  Either way, make sure that your medical doctor clears you for surgery.   He or she may also want to check nutrition labs to make sure you are not deficient before surgery. To determine the best surgical option for you, I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. 

Cindy Wu, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Mommy makeovers involve various combinations of proceudres to improve the breasts, abdomen, hips, back, arms, legs, buttocks, etc after childbirth.

Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation. This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma. Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days. By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the sites of this UNSECO World Heritage City. Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in.

Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.