Mommy makeover for a diabetic In Charlotte, NC! Recovery and price? (Photo)

I want a mommy make over ! I need a tummy tuck and breast lift and I want a implant to be full and more round I currently have dd. breast and I want to be a ddd. ! I'm diabetic and have been 30 years so I heal different and recover different! ! So what other questions should I be asking ? And what price is typical! And recovery time? I'm looking for someone in Charlotte Nc! But I'm actually 3 hours out side of that area that's 6 hours round trip and it's hard to visit ! A1c is stable!

MM for a diabetic

Most Diabetics can have plastic surgery safely. To minimize risks, you, your diabetic doctor along with your plastic surgeon need to make sure that your diabetes is under good control before and after the procedure. Although some complications may be increased, such as infection, the odds are generally in your favor that you will do OK

Mommy makeover for a diabetic

Hi, diabeticmom.  
Thanks for your question.
I would suggest the followings:
1. Normal A1c level
2. Medically optimized in regards to diabetes, blood pressure, blood count, nutritional status, medications, etc.
3. At stable, goal weight.
Obviously, we would want you have a great cosmetic outcome as well as being safe and recover well.
Please select an experience, board-certified plastic surgeon. Your PS will review your medical/surgical history and examine you.  If you have any concern/question, please have an open communication with your plastic surgeon and have your questions answered prior to surgery.
In regards to cost of surgery, it will depend on surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, and facility fee.  All these depends on the duration of the surgery, geography, and surgeon's expertise.

Mommy make-over with tummy tuck,liposuction and implants in diabetic.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• you are right - diabetes will increase the risks of infection and poor healing.
  • Your photo suggests that a great deal of work will need to be done.
  • You want first to find a surgeon that you like and trust -
  • then discuss implants and a panniculectomy vs tummy tuck.
  • Get clearance for surgery from your regular doctor.
  • It is hard to tell from the photo how overweight you may be - this is something the surgeon will also need to take into account.
  • Only after a final surgical plan and assessment is done can your surgeon give you the cost of your surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question. You're a good candidate for tummy tuck with muscle repair besides your diabetic situation. But congrats, you can control that for surgery. If your levels are alright, you can have it

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Mommy makeover for a diabetic In Charlotte, NC! Recovery and price?

Thank you for your question, and it is good that you are so knowledgeable about your diabetic history.  Maintaining well-controlled blood sugars are imperative to minimizing risks associated with both of these surgeries.  There are many variables that will affect pricing of a procedure, from the type of implants you would like, the style of breast lift needed, and extent of tummy tuck.  Best to have an in-person assessment and discussion of your goal results with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you make the appropriate surgical recommendations.  

Diabetes and elective surgery

Your diabetes must be under control prior to considering elective surgery.  You will have fluctuations of your blood glucose levels in the first several days after surgery so more frequent accuchecks will be needed.  Cost will vary depending on the extent of your procedure.

Thanks for the posted photo and questions. Best to seek only in person examinations from a boarded PS. fee from $12,000++++.

Thank you for the question and picture. You will likely be an excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery at some point; definitive advice would necessitate much more information. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight. 

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. Keep in mind, that it is a major operation, associated with a significant physical (and often emotional) recovery period. Having enough help/support at home for yourself and any dependents will be an important part of the planning process.

Generally speaking, when it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants (if involved)… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.