Lump on left breast after breast augmentation. What could this be? (Photos)

Hi. I am 4 weeks post op breast augmentation. I got 350 cc Mentor Memory Gel Silicone Breast Implants; Round High Profile. At about day 4 or 5 I noticed a small lump on my left breast at about 3 o'clock if looking straight at it. I have attached two pictures. It's become more noticeable since then; and possibly got bigger. What could this be? Doc was unsure at week 2; possibly edge of implant. Going back to see him this week. Please advise. Hoping it goes away????

Lump on left breast after breast augmentation. What could this be?

Thank you for your question.  The lump that you show is most likely the edge of the implant.  If it is, as the implants drop it may become less noticeable.  The other potential cause could be a swollen lymph node in response to the surgery and if it is a note it should disappear.  Please continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon

Node versus implant?

Thanks for your question. This can be a fold on your breast implants or a "reactive" lymph node. Have your plastic surgeon examine you for an appropriate diagnosis. If there's still doubt during the exam, and ultrasound will see the lymph node. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Implant fold?

Thanks for your questions and photos. There are several possible explanations for your visible lump on your left breast. If it's just at the edge of the implant, it probable represents a fold of the implant shell. These are tricky to improve. Most implants have some sign of folding if you search hard enough. However, these can be subtle of covered by breast tissue. if it does not disappear with manipulation, it might be necessary to reposition or replace the implant. There are now smooth highly cohesive gel implants which are far less likely to fold. Follow up with your plastic surgeon and be patient.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Your plastic surgeon, after physical examination will be able to provide you with a specific "diagnosis". Based on your description and photographs, it is most likely that you are seeing/feeling part of the breast implant.  Best wishes.