I'm losing weight and would like to have an arm lift, but arms are not really saggy. Can I still get an arm lift? (Photo)

I have always had large arms, to the point that I am unable to wear certain tops. I am losing weight, so far am down 68 pounds. I really would like to get an arm lift, but I am not sure if I am able to, due to massive size of my arm. In addition to that, my arms sag but not that much; can I still get an arm lift and a breast lift? I am willing to travel

You may need to lose some additional weight, but you look like an excellent candidate for an arm lift.

Congratulations on your weight loss! You have already begun the most difficult part of your journey to a fitter body. Judging from your photos, you look like an excellent candidate for an arm lift. The arm lift procedure is customized for each patient, and often includes liposuction along with the removal of excess skin and tissue. You may need to lose additional weight prior to surgery, though, as you should be at or near your goal weight before undergoing any body contouring. Best of luck.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Arm lift candidate

Thank you for your question. With age and/or weight changes, the upper arms can hold a lot of excess fatty tissue and develop skin laxity. An arm lift procedure helps to contour the upper arms by reducing excess skin and fat. The incisions can be hidden in the armpit for those with a moderate degree of laxity or along the vertical length of the upper and inner arm for those with more skin excess.  Based on your photos, you would be an excellent candidate for the traditional arm lift.  I would recommend that if you are still losing weight, then you hold off on combining this procedure with other arm removal procedures (e.g breast lift) until your weight is stable.

The results for the arm lift are extremely satisfying. I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options in more detail.

Arm lift candidate

Armlift & Liposuction

Thank you for your question and photos.  You are a candidate for an arm lift with liposuction to improve your arm contour.

Armlift & Liposuction

Wait until Weight Loss is Complete

Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for an arm lift. However, I would wait until you lose all of the weight you want to lose and are weight stable before proceeding with surgery. After that happens, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Wait until Weight Loss is Complete

Am I a candidate for arm lift surgery?

Thanks for your questions on photographs.  Based on your photographs alone, you would be an excellent candidate for an arm lift.  You should consult with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and suitability for surgery including whether you are a candidate for combining arm lift and breast lift surgery.  You will achieve the best aesthetic results by getting to your goal weight and holding it steady for around three months or so.  Good luck.

Am I a candidate for arm lift surgery?

Candidate for arm lift

Congrats on the weight loss.  You are a great candidate and the procedure will make a huge difference in your quality of life!  Wearing tops will be a whole new experience :)

You will need both liposuction and skin resection.  These two procedures can sometimes be combined at the same time but sometimes need to me done in two separate procedures.  This can be determined by your plastic surgeon once he or she examines you.

Good luck!

Candidate for arm lift

Good luck!

Arm lift

You might be an excellent candidate for first liposuction all around your arms, then later an arm lift. Both procedures can be done as an outpatient procedure. with liposuction, you can get a smaller arm, then the lift can remove the excess skin. A breast lift could be done at the same time as the arm lift.

Arm lift

I'm losing weight and would like to have an arm lift, but arms are not really saggy. Can I still get an arm lift?

Thanks for the question and pictures. I think that your plan to achieve a long-term stable weight is an excellent one, from the health and well-being stand point. Based on your photographs, in my opinion, you will likely be an excellent candidate for arm lifting surgery. Best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with, once you have achieved your long-term stable weight. You may find the attached link, dedicated to arm lifting surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes as you work towards your goals.

Can I still get an arm lift?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and congratulations on the weight loss. After viewing your photos, I do feel that you would be a good candidate for an arm lift. The "drape" of extra skin that hangs from your upper arm can be improved, while additional liposuction can help reduce the overall circumference of your upper arm, achieving a better contour to your shoulder and forearm.  If you are still losing weight, or desiring to do so, it would be best to wait on surgery until you have reached your goal and been stable at that weight for several weeks.

Can I still get an arm lift?

Arm lift ok

The ideal time for most lifts are when your weight plateaus and is stable.Based on the pics and assuming u are in good health u will be able to go ahead

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift ok

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon