How long is recommended to wait inbetween procedures?

I am thinking about getting rhinoplasty and a Brazilian butt lift. I know it is not recommended to do both procedures at once. So, how long is the safest amount of time to wait in between procedures ?

Time between surgeries

Although you could do both surgeries at the same time, I don't think it's a great idea - I wouldn't want you lying face down to have your BBL and then have you flipped over to do a rhinoplasty after your face is swollen or flushed from being prone.  Alternatively, I wouldn't want to operate on your nose and then have you flip onto your chest and face to do the BBL, putting pressure on your new nose.  Doesn't seem to make sense if you want to get a great outcome on both sides of your body.  Of course you COULD do it, I just don't think there's any good reason to do it together.

I would probably wait 3 months between surgeries.  I would do the BBL first, again because I wouldn't want to do a rhinoplasty and then have you lie on your face while I did buttock fat grafting for a few hours.  

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD
Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Nose

Lolalovette, the most important aspect of any aesthetic procedure is finding the right surgeon for whatever you are interested in. It would be difficult but not impossible to find one surgeon that is experienced  in both of your procedures. By that I mean they routinely perform 2 or more of these procedures each week and have done so for decades not years. I would in general recommend you stage them and choose your surgeons carefully. Should you do the rhinoplasty first you could have the other procedure done at a minimum of one month but preferably 2-3 months afterwards. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Staging procedures

They can be done at the same time ins once cases, but if you decide to stage them, it might be a good idea to wait 3-4 months to allow for healing.

BBL and rhinoplasty

Many times multiple procedures can be done at the same time. The problem with the BBL and rhinoplasty is that after the BBL you spend a lot of time laying down and possibly on your stomach. This is not ideal for the rhinoplasty, as sitting up would be best for drainage and swelling. However from a surgical prospective they can be done at the same time. If you do stage them, I would wait a couple of months between the two.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

BBL & Rhinoplasty

I would recommend having your BBL performed first seeing as you will have to lay on your stomach for the first 3 weeks which won’t be optimal when recovering from a rhinoplasty. At minimum, I would wait at least 3-6 months between surgeries to allow enough healing time and swelling to resolve. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

You can have both

You can have  your BBL  and rhynoplasty  surgery at same time if you are on good physical condition and your blood tests are ok. Both surgeries could be performed on about 2.5 to 3 hours.

Look for experienced plastic surgeons for your surgeries

Regards

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio