Is intermittent pain normal three weeks post op abdominoplasty, mastopexy and lipo?
Doctor Answers 5
Mommy make-over - stabbing breast pain after 3 weeks
- The pain you describe is absolutely typical of breast surgery -
- Starting around 1-2 weeks, many women get sudden, sharp, electric pains across the chest
- Often the pain is severe enough to make them gasp and stop whatever they are doing.
- These feelings seem to indicate nerve recovery after surgery and tend to subside after 6 weeks.
- Please let your surgeon know what is happening - since the pain is severe, s/he may want to see you to be sure there is no other problem.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Is intermittent pain normal three weeks after TT, mastopexy and lipo?
Stabbing pains after Mommy Makeover
move off the pain medicine to Tylenol after a few days. We try to avoid ibuprofen and aspirin products for a couple weeks post op. Each patient has their own pain tolerance. What you are experiencing is normal. Small stabbing pains are normal after this type of surgery. Best to talk to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as each surgeon will approach the operation and the postoperative management differently.
You might also like...
Yes It's Normal!
Yes! This is normal! In fact, it this sharp #pain means that you are #healing form your #breast surgery and #mommymakeover. These pains mean that your nerves are healing and regaining feeling. I know it is uncomfortable, but this pain will subside about six weeks after surgery.
If you have major concerns, please contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon so you may be examined in person.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.