I need a tummy tuck. Is there any doctor out there that has more affordable flexible payment options?

Abdominoplasty questions

Abdminoplasty is a surgical treatment and do not let the price be the leading reason that dictates where you seek treatment.  Please consider your options and proceed with caution.  I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals.

Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your concern over cost of a tummy tuck, but do not trade a few dollars for sacrificing experience and quality. Discuss your concerns with plastic surgeons in your area and see what their policies and prices are. My practice offers price matching and distance discounts as long as I feel you are a suitable candidate for the surgery, travel, follow up understand the risks. I highly caution against going overseas or to a foreign country to have elective cosmetic surgery. Again, I would suggest you start locally and see what options you have. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Affordable payment options for a tummy tuck

The cost of surgical procedures not only includes the surgeon's fee but also facility charges and anesthesia expenses.  As a result, tummy tucks can be expensive.  Some plastic surgery offices offer a lay-away plan which allows payment over time prior to the procedure.  Other, more common options, include Care Credit and Alphaeon Credit.   Best of luck on your upcoming abdominoplasty.   

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, finding cost effective surgeon

Thank you for your question. Surgery overseas can be an excellent option for results, experience, and value. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. In addition to finding the right surgeon you should look into the hospital and the rest of the medical team. Is the hospital accredited? Do they have modern facilities and supplies? Are the anesthesiologists licensed and accredited? Do they speak English well enough for you to communicate your concerns and needs?  Cosmetic surgery in Colombia represents an increasingly attractive option for consumers looking for the ultimate combination of quality, price, availability, service, enjoyment, and value. Prices for plastic surgery procedures can be very affordable, and often 30-50% less than in the United States and Europe. When done with a board certified surgeon, patients can save thousands of dollars on cosmetic procedures while providing all of the safety and quality that they would receive in top U.S. and European centers. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Please don't settle for less than a Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  I hope this was helpful. Thank you and best of luck!

Financing

First, find a board certified plastic surgeon you love to do your tummy tuck. Once you find that person, there are many financing options available to help you with your journey.

Tummy tuck cost and picking your surgeon

Deciding on who will be your surgeon is an important part of plastic surgery that  takes time and careful planning. Cost can vary between different surgeons in different areas in the country. There are different plans for financing to help with covering the cost for the procedure. The key is to find the appropriate surgeon who understands your goals and can meet your expectations.

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on deciding to have a tummy tuck procedure.  In general the finances of any operation will be dictated by the individual surgical practice, and only be visiting or calling them will you be able to find what options exist.  There are financing companies, such as care credit, that may make the operation more affordable through installment payments.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck payment options

Prior to any plastic surgery procedure, a patient needs to be comfortable with the surgeon, the practice, the recommended procedure, the possible risks, and the price.  Prices vary among surgeons, however the lowest price isn't necessarily the best deal. You also have to consider the surgeon's experience and qualifications.  Having said that, the highest priced surgeon is not always the best person to go to either.  You need to do your homework. Seek consultations from several board-certified plastic surgeons. Check with their offices to see what their payment options are. Most plastic surgeons utilize outside companies that offer payment plans for these procedures. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck- payment options

Many doctors work with companies like Care Credit which can work with you on payment options. Alphaeon credit is another good company to work with. Hope this helps!

Anthony Youn, MD, FACS
Detroit Plastic Surgeon