I am thinking of having a lateral brow lift with eyelid surgery. Will it help with crows feet?

Will a #ForeheadLift #BrowLift help my crow's feet ?

Yes it will help them to some extent.  A full surgical release over the lateral/outer orbital rim and a lift of skin during your lifting procedures does help, especially the excess of skin seen in older patients (more static or passive "at rest" skin fold/excess).

That being said, those active lines caused by the muscle contractions are best treated with Botox, even after your lift.

Let us know if this information was useful.

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPéré, Toronto aesthetic plastic surgeon and facialist

Will a brow lift help crows feet?

In my experience, brow lifts  do not really help crows feet at all. You will be disappointed if you're expecting anything other than a very minor reduction, at best, in crows' feet.  Remember, there is always a "honeymoon period "  that persists for a few months after  surgery when residual swelling is present, filling up mina wrinkles unfolds.

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

Lateral brow lift

Thank you for  your question. You may get some improvement. Unfortunately, there is no pictures. Botox and or laser resurfacing is a better option for you treatment of your crows feet. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Lateral Brow Lift with Eyelid Surgery

The lateral brow lift, done to improve eyebrow position, will decrease the severity of the crow's feet but Botox remains the treatment of choice to treat these horizontal lines.

Browlift for low eyebrow position, Botox for crows feet

In our practice,Botox is the best treatment for crow's feet. When patient's have  low set eyebrows, a brow lift is performed. For many examples, please see the link and video below

Lateral Brow Lift

The lateral brow lift will help out to some extent the problems with the crow's feet area. Since the crows feet has a muscle that is attached on the skin, this problem will not be solved completely by the lateral brow lift. Depending on your age, amount of sun damage, and amount of current wrinkles on the area; then Botox, fractional resurfacing, or both can be utilized to further improve the result around the crow's feet area (especially for the small wrinkles).

The eyelid surgery will only help on the eyelid area, not on the crow's feet.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral brow lift

Lifting the lateral brow will help to decrease the lines and wrinkles at the outer corner of the eye.  It decreases the bunching of the excess skin.  It won't eliminate them, but will help!

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lateral browlift

Thank you for the question. Crow's feet are made by repeated contractions of the eyelid muscles (orbicularis). This causes small folds in the skin surface over time. These eventually become permanent -- think of ironing a pair of pants. Lateral browlift, along with eyelid surgery, will help to smooth out this area. However, the larger folds and skin excess are mostly what is treated. Tiny creases in the skin surface around the crow' feet area may persist to some degree, depending on your skin type and degree of sun exposure.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would need to see photos to answer this question. Generally, both procedures help somewhat, if the upper eyelid incision is taken out laterally enough. If the combination of eyelid and brow lift isn't enough, you will need a laser such as the Fraxel ReStore.

Of course, Botox or Dysport help also but only for the short term. However, if you do it every 3 months for about a year, then the muscles weaken and you can eventually go 6 months to a year. Like everything you have to stay ahead of it to look your best.

Brow lift and crows feet

A brow lift and blepharoplasty will improve the crows feet dramatically. Botox is still the treatment of choice to eliminate crow feet. The option to allow you to look your best is to have all three 

Eugene L. Alford, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon