I need some one to help me reduce hair on my face. Any suggestions?

I am getting laser ahir removal on my whole face i had thick and dark hair and medium light skin i was told that it should get better since laser targets the dark hair but i am done with my treatment just left with 2 of my complimentery but i dont see any differnce also i am seeing thicker hair growing out please someone help me using any product to reduce hair

Thanks for your question and we always recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get the realistic facts and to set realistic expectations, which I am thinking may not have happened in your case.  Laser hair removal works over time, multiple sessions are needed, and maintenance after that.  There is no set this will take this many treatments – no one, in fact knows how many treatments one will need and when the maintenance period for someone kicks in. Everyone is different and almost everyone responds differently to the lasers that we use.  One must understand the facts and then proceed with a provider who understands the concepts, the devices, the hair cycles, and the realistic expectations from the procedure. 

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Inefficent Laser Hair Removal Treatment

We recommend finding an experienced and reputable provider in your area with updated equipment.  Calibration and power of the laser is important for a safe, comfortable and effective treatment.  Find out what laser they will use and if it is under a maintenance contract.  If their laser isn’t calibrated on a regular basis or is underpowered, your treatment may be painful or inefficient.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician