I had a complete facelift on Oct. 1st of 2014 so I'm in the 7 month of recovery and would like an opinion? (photos)

Would a revision to eyes and cheeks help remove more of the wrinkles and excess skin , sagging that seems to be returning? I tried dermapen treatments and couldn't tell much difference. Please advise . Thanks!

7 months following facelift

I hate to harp on photos, but it is difficult to get a good comparison when you're smiling in the "after" photo. 

Regardless, after facelift or necklift patients will consciously be "aware" that they have a neck because of the tightness -- this is a good thing. It's what you payed for! Then around 6 months patients tend to get used to their neck again and notice the tightness of the neck less, and worry about what they perceive as a "loosening" of the neck skin when in fact they're simply accomodating to the new norm.

Based on your photos I feel that what you're seeing now is a disharmony between the treated face, with its refreshed appearance, and the untreated face (around the eyes). I agree with the other commenters that you may wish to consider rejuvenation of the eyes via upper and lower blepharoplasty. That should restore harmony.

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD

Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Second opinion after facelift

Thank you for your pictures. Your facelift result looks pretty good. I would recommend skincare treatment in the form of a peel or laser resurfacing.  Additionally I would recommend upper lid blepharoplasty and possibly a lower lid blepharoplasty. 

7 months post face lift

I would recommend an upper and lower blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) and possibly brow lift , a face lift doesn't treat the eye area or forehead.  Ask your PS for a consult and discuss your options.

Chad Robbins, MD

S/p facelift

It looks as if you have had some nice improvement with a facelift. It is unclear what if anything was done to your eyelids. Review your clinical course with your surgeon and discuss options. Removal of some upper eyelid skin and full face laser resurfacing would both likely be helpful in addressing your concerns.

Dear I had a complete facelift, I would speak again with your plastic surgeon. You obviously have had some significant improvement following your surgery. I'm assuming that you did not have eyelid work done since you do not mention any eyelid surgery. I would speak to your plastic surgeon again about addressing your upper eyelids to remove some of the excess skin here.
Good Luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid revision

Dear patient,

obviously there is an improvement compared with the before picture. I feel that your upper and lower eyelids would benefit from a more effective lifting procedure where not only skin excess would be removed but also in the lower eyelid region the cheek would be uplifted. The best time to decide if further procedures are necessary is roughly one year after the initial procedure.

Kind regards

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Recavery after face/eyelid surgery

You have significant improvement after facial surgery. This recovery will continue and you will see better and better result. It seems that you have heavy wrinkled skin. Facelift alone will not address this problem. TCA chemical peel or full face dermabrasion will be very efficient. Your upper eyelids appear full?

You will continue to see improvement, consider skin treatment and do not forget maintenance. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

CO2 resurfacing after a facelift.

From the photographs alone it looks as though resurfacing of the entire face might be indicated because of what appears to be sizable sun damage. This is something to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Laser can help with skin laxity.

With regards to the removal of wrinkles, a fractional CO2 laser resurfacing treatment can provide remarkable results. This laser in particular is far more effective than derma pen will be for wrinkles and is something I use very often at the time of a facelift. In fact, for some patients (with especially deep wrinkles) I will not perform a facelift without laser resurfacing because I know that the result will not be optimal without the skin tightening of the laser. With regards to your eyes, I agree with other commentators that an upper eyelid blepharoplasty will enhance your overall result by "opening up" your eyes. Having said that, you do have some nice improvements which make you look more vibrant. Best of luck. 

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maybe a blepharoplasty

From the limited views, it appears like a successful procedure.  I would recommend an upper blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) to remove some of the droopy skin there.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon