Just had my BA 3 days ago so maybe it's too soon to tell but are my nipples too low now or are breasts shaped funny? (Photos)

I am telling myself that they will soften up and look better after the swelling goes down. I think my nipples are too low and I don't like how close together they are and how tight it is in cleavage. First pic is before and second is after

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for the question and photos. It is really normal that your nipples appear too low at first. Until the implants have a chance to drop & fluff into the lower part of the breast- they are sitting high. Try to be patient and revaluate closer to 6 months post op.

All the best

Breast augmentation

You are fresh post-op, you have to give it 4-6 months to settle out. Best of luck with you results..

Too soon to tell....

it is too soon to determine the final result of your breast surgery.  close follow-up with your surgeon is important and they should be able to guide your progress and help review this with you.

Breast shape

It is too early in your postop course to be concerned about "final appearance." That being said, your result looks very good so far. If you are concerned you shuold contact your plastic surgeon directly so they can address all of your concerns. Best of luck!

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Three days post BAM

Thank you so much for your question. It is very common to become nervous about results early after breast augmentation. Just keep in mind implants tend to slide up when the muscle is flexed and can take awhile to drop back into place. Things will continue to get better with time and massaging as I'm sure your surgeon will instruct you on. Just try to be patient. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

3 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

# days post-op is too soon to see the finished product. As a preliminary viewing of your photos your breasts appear to be very satisfactory. You should follow up with your PS.

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast shape

It is very early to see your final results. It will take 4-6 months for the breast to soften and the implants go into there pocket. It loks like you have a nice result this early.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

When are breast augmentation results seen?

Sometimes breast look great from the start after breast augmentation, but it is much more common to have concerns about the breast's shape during the first few weeks. It pays to be patient. It can take 3-6 months for the "final" results to be seen. Three days after surgery is too early to be too concerned. Share your concerns with your plastic surgeon. They can help frame an answer that is geared to your experience. We online experts have to go with the "normal" answer, and are not privy to the details of your case.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and photos. It is too early to predict the final outcome however they look like going through normal postop changes and without an exam it is difficult to answer. Normally it takes 3-6 months for implants to settle down so be patient.  It is best to discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.