Please be very honest & straight forward on all suggestions. Will a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair work for me? (Photo)

Will a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair work for me or should I get an extend tummy tuck with muscle repair and why?! I don't want a super snatch waist as women are calling it nowadays. I just want the stretch marks gone and a flat belly.

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - Please be very honest

Okay - honestly - there are two main issues:
1) You need a full TT, not a Mini, and2) Even a full TT mostly like will not do everything you want
You need the full because your stretch marks extend above your BB and presumably you have some excess (loose) skin in that region, too.  Limiting your procedure to a Mini means that the skin above the BB is not addressed (or changed) to any degree surgically (aside from lipo, which make flatten the area but risks making the skin even looser).  With a full TT you can also have the muscles tightened.
Even that, though, will not make your abdomen completely flat.  You appear to have some intra-abdominal fat and abdominal wall weakness.  While some of that can be improved with the full procedure, it won't be flat.
The extent of improvement from the procedure is something you need to talk about with your PS in person.  It's a (relatively) big surgery and although the results can be dramatic, there's a limit to what it can do.  However well it is performed, you will be disappointed if you're expecting something from it that cannot reasonably be achieved.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Mini Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, not a mini. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Full tummy tuck

The amount of excess skin typically determines the length of the incision required to remove that excess skin. As a general rule, a short incision only allows a small amount of skin removal. A longer incision and resulting scar (as in a full tummy tuck) will allow the surgeon to remove more skin, address the belly button and tighten the entire abdominal wall. This is the important thing to consider when looking at this type of surgery. Don't compromise the results with a shorter scar if it won't deliver the results you want. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in tummy tucks and body contouring should be able to show you what you can expect. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 
Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #abdominoplasty

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

Dear Mz,  Thanks for submitting your picture.  From observing your picture, you appear to have muscles and skin laxity from the chest bone to the pubic bone, diffuse stretch marks and unattractive belly button.  I have been in practice for 29 years and performed  tummy tuck surgery on over 1000 patients. Based on that experience , I can tell you that only full tummy tuck will make you happy. Mini tummy tuck will be a very unhappy compromise which will require a full tummy tuck anyway later on. That will double your recovery time and increase significantly  the total cost.   You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat stomach, tight and youthful skin, nice belly button and low scar. Also, check the reviews on 'Realself' for ratings and positive experience reports.                    Best of luck,                                        Dr Widder

Thank you for your question and the photo. You should not even think about a Mini , you for sure need a full Tummy tuck. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Full tummy tuck

You would benefit from a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening , definitely not a mini tummy tuck, that would give you the best results,although all your stretchmarks will not all disappear, please consult with a board certified PS, best of luck! 

Full vs mini vs extended tummy tuck

A mini tummy tuck works best when the stretch marks and skin laxity are limited to the lower abdomen. An extended tummy tuck is done when the laxity goes around to the sides. In your case it looks like a full tummy tuck would be best.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi Mz Dimplez, Thank you for your pictures and question. Based on the pictures is seems as if you would be a good candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Mini TT

You have muscle weakness above the umbilicus which would rule out the mini abdominoplasty. You need a full tummy tuck with muscle repair. See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure and help you understand that, so long as you are having surgery, you should not seek a halfway solution. Best wishes.

Full or Mini tummy tuck?

Thanks for the  question.  My most professional answer is to consider a full tummy tuck rather than a mini tummy tuck.  You appear from the photo to have enough skin laxity and possible muscle weakness to warrant having a full abdominoplasty.  You will lose some( but not all ) stretch marks, as well  as some of your tattoos.  I would encourage you to ask your local Plastic Surgeon about this.  As always, a proper examination  is very important.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon