Trying to find the right size implant for my body (Photo)

This is whats left of my full c small d breasts after 4 kids. My rib cage is large (sides slant back), torso very short, hips narrow. Trying not to go on cup size but am wondering how many cc's would fit nicely not making me look squatty. I'm looking for a nice full result with nice upper fullness but don't like the look of the ultra high profile I will be having the anchor lift. I have a lot of excess skin with little elasticity. What can you recommend from my photos? I'm 5'3 120lbs.

Trying to find the right size implant for my body

Ultimately, you will do well select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery. It will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  
  Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or "look squatty" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

A Breast Lift May Enhance Augmentation

Many patients report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be have decreased with pregnancies and breastfeeding.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants.
Further, your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the #implants to be used. Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from #shaped implants.
It's important to know what size bra you currently wear. Is it a 32, 34, 36 bra, and, of course, the cup size? The strap size is important to know because that affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that we choose. It is also very helpful to know your height, your weight, and your dress size as well. All these can be considered when discussing your #options.

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast enhancement

Excellent question. As you pointed out there is a loss of skin elasticity that will need to be addressed at the time of the implantation. You will also likely need to have the nipple placed in a more superior position (Mastopexy). There are a number of implant sizes and styles to chose from. I recommend visiting a plastic surgeon who has a 3D modeling system. They will be able to scan your chest into the computer then render different implant sizes in order for you to see a projected correction prior to surgery. This is an excellent way to get a good idea of the size adjustment from the various implants.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Depends on your measurements

For the best looking breasts, your implants are determined based on the width of your breast.  Anything too narrow will have a "stuck-on" appearance and anything too wide will give you too much side boob and your arms will be hitting against it when you walk.  The volume then gets determined based on what projection you choose.  For instance, with one of the implant companies, a base width of 13 cm (pretty standard) can go from a 330 cc implant (moderate profile) to a 600 cc implant (extra-high profile).  Obviously, this is a huge variation.  I have every one of my patients give me pictures of what their goals are.  I then tailor the implant and lift according to what they want.  Whatever volume implant (taking into consideration base width and projection) it takes to achieve that goal is the one we will use.  I'd love to discuss with you and help you make an informed decision.  Hope this helps.

Breast implants with lift

You may benefit from either moderate plus or high profile implants. The cc is in a range perhaps from 280-350, this of course is a rough estimate. You may only require a vertical type of incision, but that will be determined at the time of your surgery. Discuss this in more detail with your surgeon in person.

William Bruno, MD

scissorella13, Thanks for your question on which implant size would be best for you.  Since there is no way to say definitively over the internet which size would be optimal for you, take comfort in the fact that the surgeon uses your unique measurements and is able to provide you with a general range. In many cases the board certified plastic surgeon can best be your guide as they’ve met with you in person and heard your aesthetic goals. You may consider doing 3-D imaging; however with nearly all the breast cases we’ve performed, we’ve found patients enjoy doing a live “try on” session where they actually can “try on” the implant in a non-padded bra in our office. This does not give an exact measurement of outcome, rather it gives a nice idea of what to expect. For patients who desire a more natural look we like to recommend the shaped implant. For patients who desire a more full, voluptuous look we recommend a higher profile implant. And remember that all breasts have at least some amount of asymmetry (we like to say they’re like sisters and not twins). My very best to you.
–Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant shape and size

Agree with anchor lift and implants.  Without a full exam, it would be hard to recommend implants, but based on experience, 371, moderate plus profile silicone implants would be a good place to start.

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon