If under filled but still satisfied, will filler last longer then 3 months?

I was filled with Restylane 2 weeks ago for under eye bags/tear troughs. If I was under filled will results that I do have last more then 3 months? Even though Im under filled Im still happy w/my result as its better then Before. I can just still see the indentations of the tear trough. I had no bruising & minimal swelling, but the swelling I had left me w/a perfect result the Initial first days. I would like the results I do have to last Til my upcoming wedding in 2 months & nervous they wont.

Restylane how long will it last?

Restylane placed in the under eye area last a very long time and for many it lasts many years. Under filling is definitely preferred to overfilling and whatever results you have now will last until your wedding.  In my practice I save the residual filler and have patients come in for a little touch up to perfect the results if desired. You may want to pursue this if you have that option.  Best of luck.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Underfilling is always better than over filling, I suggest adding more if you wish otherwise wait till you feel you need more which likely will be 6-9 months. Best, Dr. Emer.

How long will my filler last?

Hi Summergirl, I'm happy to hear that you have positive results from Restylane. I typically inform patients that Restylane will last from 6-9 months depending on location of the injection as well as technique. The fact that you were underfilled should not have any impact on the duration of the filler that is currently in the tear trough.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler duration

Dear Summergirl6306:

How exciting! Congratulations on you up-coming marriage!

As each injector is unique in their approach, talent and skills to injecting fillers, each patient is unique in the longevity of the filler too.  Generally, Restylane will last 6 to 8 months or more. The injection technique, location and depth of filler placement as well as the patient's individual enzymatic breakdown of the filler molecule will determine the duration. There are other factors but suffice it to say you should be fine for the ceremony.

I wish you well! All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Underfilling with filler

It is much better to be underfilled than overfilled especially with an event such as a wedding nearing.  It is easy to have a touch up if desired to add more volume if desired.  Filler duration is related to amount of filler injected; however, the tear trough area tends to have more durability than most other areas of the face.  If results begin to fade, have a touch up procedure done; but make sure to do it at least a week before any major events.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Under Eye Fillers

It sounds like you had a very good result with your under eye fillers.  The results last at least six months and should last for your wedding.  Best, Dr. Green

You are fine, plan your wedding

Restylane lasts from 6-12 months but under the eye I think it lasts for close to or more than twelve months. Enjoy your filler and move to the next thing on your list. Congratulations. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Happy with under fill of Restylane

Thank you for sharing your question. I am glad to hear your doctor took a conservative approach when injecting your tear troughs with Restylane. You will probably see the results for about 6 months. I am sure you will look beautiful on the big day. Good luck!

Restylane

Thanks for your question. The results for Restylane lasts about 5-6 months, so you should be good!

German Newall, MD

Restylane usually last 6 months or more.

It always better to be under filled than over filled! With tear trough areas we are always looking for a 30-50% correction, nothing too over the top. Restylane usually last 6 months or more.

In Australia Juvederm has a filler called Volbella, this last over a year. Hopefully will be FDA approved for use in the US, as it is comparable to Restylane, but just last longer. 

All the best for you wedding. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist