External Hemorrhoid removal and Labiaplasty.

I will like to know if Hemmorrhoid removal is cover by insurance & if so if it's combined with Libiaplastic Do I have to Pay for the Anesthesiology or Insurance will pay for that, And I will only pay for the Labiaplastic it self...

Hemorrhoid and labiaplasty

Most insurance will not cover for labiaplasties and most surgeon who perform these under insurance are not taking the time and attention to detail needed to perform a great job.  I doubt your insurance company will allow for the anesthesia to be covered for both labiaplasty and a hemorrhoid procedure.   I would get something in writing prior to agreeing so that you do not get stuck with a surprise anesthesia and or surgery center bill.

BTW, all of our labiaplasties and external hemorrhoids are done under local in our procedure room with no general anesthesia

Insurance is a bad idea for labiaplasty

NONE of the good doctors who are true experts take insurance. That's just the sad state of affairs in the world of medicine and aesthetic surgery. I do, however, provide a letter of medical necessity to each labiaplasty patient for them to submit to insurance on request. this includes the diagnosis and procedure codes and medical necessity of the procedure. About 10% of insurance companies cave and pay about $2000 of the $5000 cost of the surgery. At least its something, but insurance companies suck and the doctors who accept insurance for labiaplasty, by and large, also are, well, probably not sucky but not good at least.

Hemorrhoid removal is very quick, labiaplasty isn't. Insurance companies aren't that stupid.

Everyone knows that removing a hemorrhoid is a 10-minute procedure. A well-done labiaplasty takes 60-90 minutes on average. The insurance company isn't going to pay for the significant extra time and the anesthesiologist isn't going to work for the peanuts they'll pay him/her for the 10 minutes of anesthesia to cover the extra time either. By the way, most labiaplasties are done under local and require no anesthesia charges.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Procedures to correct a hemorrhoid would be covered through insurance but a labiaplasty remains a "not medically necessary" procedure and would be your responsibility in payment.  Hope this helps. 

Labiaplasty and hemorrhoid surgery

True hemorrhoids are removed under anesthesia and this procedure (hemorrhoidectomy) is billed through your insurance. If there is only skin tags or redundant tissue in that area, this can be removed at the time of labiaplasty. Labiaplasty surgery is not covered by insurance and is done in the office under oral sedation only. You can read more about anal skin tags, labiaplasty and associated costs at the link below. 

In-office combined Labiaplasty and Anal Tag Excision

Hello Sashia,

Thank you for your post regarding Laser Reduction Labiaplasty and Anal Tag Excision. I perform labia reductions in the office under local anesthesia. Every woman is shaped differently and requires her own unique cosmetic correction. What is often overlooked by most surgeons is the prepuce, or clitoral hood, which may require reduction and even lifting to achieve the optimal youthful appearance and enhanced sensation for ultimate pleasure. The external Hemorrhoid you have is most likely an anal tag that can be removed at the same time to optimize the aesthetic appearance of your intimate area.

In most patients we can perform labiaplasty in the office under local anesthetic to dramatically lower costs. You do not need an I.V. This means you will not have anesthesiologist or hospital costs which can add $2,000-$3,000 to the overall cost of the procedure. There are financing options available.

There are only a handful of fellowship-trained, board certified urogynecologists in the world who perform these surgeries in adequate volumes to be proficient and adept. Technical skill is of paramount importance but having an artist's eye is of equal value. You should be prepared to travel.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist