Ejection Fraction rate and Tummy Tuck. Any suggestions?

I just found out my ejection fraction is 47.9%. All other measurments of the heart looks normal. the doctor is now conducting test regarding thyroid to see if that is the cause. My questions is .... is TT safe under this EF measure? I will need to follow up with my cardiologist and get his approval but they are not saying anything until I have a follow up appointment and would like to know from a plastic surgeon's point of view. I am a non smoker. 5'4 152 lbs.

When considering any elective procedure you should weigh the risks versus the benefits. I would highly recommend continuing with your cardiologist to find a cause and the begin any treatments they recommend prior to considering cosmetic surgery. Once they have maximized your medical conditions then, if they (cardiologist) feel you are healthy enough to undergo general anesthesia and a tummy tuck, I would approach a plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure and examine you to determine what kind of procedure would be best for you.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  A normal EF is in the area of 55-60% and while lower this should not prevent you from a TT if cleared by your cardiologist.  The key is to first diagnose the cause of your reduced EF and treat the underlying cause in order to medically optimize your health prior to pursuing an elective procedure.  Hope that this helps.