Can a double break and supratip be achieved surgically simultaneously?

My nose was altered pretty drastically and I lost many characteristics that I liked and would like to recover. My nose tip was narrowed and shortened significantly. I had both a supratip and double break. Is it possible to widen tip and achieve bith a supratip and double break surgically?

Nose changed too severely: what to do?

Kristine, I am in Charlotte and would be glad to discuss this issue with you.  If your nose has lost its natural or ethnic qualities, I would suggest bringing pictures of your face before the surgery so we can see what has changed.  I am assuming that the "double break" is a supra-tip break between the end of the bridge or dorsum and the tip area.  Pictures can really help, but in general, yes, reshaping is possible.  I hope this is helpful for you.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Yes

The things you are asking for, make me realize that you have done your research. Consult a Plastic surgeon who does a lot of rhinoplasty surgery. At your consult, bring pictures,( before and afters of your alteration) your operative notes, and bring some pictures of what you would like to achieve. These are very helpfull for a consulting surgeon and can expedite your plan to future procedures.

Stephan Finical, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Goals of Revision Rhinoplasty

It would be pure speculation for me to answer your question without seeing you or pictures. Please send views of your nose as described on my website.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of pictures is required to give any opinion with revision rhinoplasty. The answer to the question depends upon multiple factors such as the pre-existing condition prior to the rhinoplasty, the surgical procedures  performed on the previous rhinoplasty, the existing current anatomy, and the type of skin that  is present. Revision rhinoplasty is harder than a primary rhinoplasty,  so choose your surgeon wisely

Nasal evaluation

Hi kristine. It sounds like you may be interested in an evaluation for a possible revision surgery. Revision rhinoplasty can be complicated and should really be undertaken by an expert in rhinoplasty. I would recommend an in person consultation for a proper physical exam and discussion. good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double break and supratip break

I think what you are asking should be possible. you would need an in person examination to evaluate where you are starting from, and where you want to be. The use of computer imaging should help you understand what is possible with your current nose.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon