Do must doctors use dissolving stitches for a breast augmentation?

Absorbable/dissolving stitches

Thank you for the question. Yes I use absorbable stitches in all my breast augmentation surgeries. They leave better scars and there is no pain or discomfort because they don't need to be removed. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Absorbable sutures

Yes, I would say most plastic surgeons use absorbable sutures for breast augmentation.  There are several choices for incision location such as in the armpit area, under the base of the breast, and around the edge of the areola.  All of these locations can use dissolving sutures.

David F. Klein, MD
Concord Plastic Surgeon

Dissolvable Sutures

Thank you for your question. You will find that most Plastic Surgeons prefer to use a few layers of dissolveable sutures. They tend to be less problematic/painful, and leave nicer scars.

Take care

Dissolving Sutures?

The vast majority of surgeons I know use strictly absorbable sutures for breast augmentations. Usually two or three layers of absorbable sutures are used.

Brent Birely, MD

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question, most of the stitches are dissolvable, you will have some stitches if you have a lift that has to be removed after 21 days, that always depends on the surgeon

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

Some surgeons use absorbable sutures and others do not.  I often use absorbable sutures for breast augmentation.

I use dissolving sutures

i use dissolving sutures under the skin. however, some surgeons don't and you will get the same result from either type of suture. It is a minor point.
good luck.
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Most of us like to use buried (hidden) dissolving sutures however some prefer hidden "permanent" sutures that need to be "slid" out.  Either way will work well in the end.  Stick with your surgeon's recommendation as long as he/she is competent and well trained.  Enjoy your results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Dissolving stitches

Closure of surgical incisions is driven by personal preference. I, like most respondents here, use absorbable  suture material in multiple layers and am pleased with a predictable closure. Other methods are not wrong or right just a choice. 

Bruce Landon, MD

Dissolving sutures for breast augmentation.

All of my repairs are performed with dissolving sutures that are placed beneath the surface of the skin.  So you would not even see the sutures but instead a 1 inch fine line within the inframammary fold.