Correct type of compression garment?

I recently had lipo and fat transfer. I know I have to wear my abdominal compression for 3months. When, how long and what kind of compression garment is the best to wear for the butt lift?

Getting the Best Results with your Butt Lift!

Your surgeon will most likely supply you with compression garments and instructions. I only have my patients wear compression garments 24/7 for the first 7-10 days then they do spanx.  Aftercare instructions also include: lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, RF treatments (Venus Legacy/Exilis) and shock vibration therapy like Cellutone and Zwave for the best outcome. Best, Dr. Emer.

Compression garment

Some surgeons do not even recommend compression garments.  I prefer patients wear them for 3-6 weeks. You are best to ask your surgeon.

Your surgeon will recommend the best type.

This is a very good question. Compression garments are designed to limit swelling, limit discomfort, and promote the best possible results. For a Brazilian butt lift involving the transfer of fat to the buttocks, some plastic surgeons recommend wearing a garment that has the area covering the buttocks cut out. Others suggest a garment with a light, mesh material that won't compromise the success of the fat transfer. I recommend asking your plastic surgeon about which would be best for you and following that guidance.  

Arthur M. Cambeiro, MD

Compression garmets

there are numerous types of compression garmets that can be used. My patients typicall use them for 6-8 weeks after surgery. Each surgeon will have different recommendations. Good luck. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Correct type of compression garment?

Thank you for your excellent question. your surgeon's office should be supplying you with the appropriate surgical garments that incorporates a stomach and torso wrap for compression and the area of both buttocks open to limit pressure to the fat grafts.  If your surgeon's office can not help you there are options from Marena and Veronique.  Hope this helps.

Garment after BBL

I typically do not use a garment after BBL. Ask your surgeon about their preference. Most garments can be stopped at ~3 months post-op in general. 

Compression garment after liposuction and fat injections

Thank you for asking about your compression garment.

• Assuming you had fat injections into your buttock, you want a garment that has the buttock area cut out.
  • Your surgeon should recommend one to you - s/he knows what is being done and what you need.
  • If your surgeon has left it entirely up to you, you can get them on-line from Marena.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression garments after liposuction and fat transfer

The instructions differ from surgeon to surgeon; hence, you must ask your doctor about his specific recommendations.  But for the sake of shedding some light on the issue, here are some things you may want to consider: 

*  Avoid direct pressure on your buttocks for three weeks.  Allow your grafts to settle and form their new blood supply, which happens in the first 2-3 weeks.  You may want to use a donut-shaped pillow or place a cigar-like cushion behind your thigh when you really need to sit. 

*  Compression garments for liposuction are generally used for a shorter period of time than before.  The use of adits--i.e., the round incisions are left open after surgery--has paved way for quicker drainage and faster recovery.  However, some patients elect to use them for several weeks or even months because of the "support" they provide. 

I hope that helps and good luck. 

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon