Do I need a breast lift? (Photo)

Hello. I've recently lost 45 pounds and as a result my breasts have deflated and became saggy. I would like implants but do I need a lift? I'd rather not have one due to the ugly scars, but i don't want them to look weird. About how much should all this cost? Thank you?

Do I need a breast lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift

I think that implants with a lift at the same time would give you a vastly better cosmetic outcome than implants alone. The combination would make the breasts project more and be in a better position

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift?

Based on only viewing your photos, I would advise you to get a lift along with the implants. The lift will move the nipple back into place in the middle of the breast as well as make them more perky. Adding the implant as well will give you more volume and more upper pole fullness where right now you are flat up top. If you choose not to do a lift, the weight of the implant will only cause the breast to sag more. For the best opinion, find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an in person consultation.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

#Breastimplants #Breastaug #mastopexy #breastlift

Hi lowerlakes, Thank you for your excellent question! Judging by your photos and the position of your nipples below your inframammary fold, I am going to say yes to a lift. However, the best way to get an answer is to have a consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon. In general what to look for are the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol.  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol.*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  Be sure to disclose your entire medical history to both your plastic surgeon and your anesthesia provider.  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS 

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift with implants.  This can give you an improved shape and fullness.  Scars can be designed to be minimal.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Yes lift

Yes, you could benefit from a lift. You would have to be seen in person to determine your goals.  Do you want more volume ( i.e.implants)?  this factors into the cost.  Best of luck.

Do I need a breast lift?

From your pictures, I think that you will only get a good result if you have a breast lift. Implants will only enlarge your volume, they will not lift your breast. With your amount of loose skin, an implant alone will just give you larger saggy breasts. Your best option is using an implant to increase the volume with a lift to tighten up the breast, elevate and put the breast tissue on top of the implant.

100% would require a lift

First of all, congratulations on the weight loss!  That's impressive and really awesome!  I don't think you will find one plastic surgeon that wouldn't recommend a lift for you.  Depending on your goals, you might do terrific with just a lift and not need implants- that obviously depends on your goals AND on the type of lift you get and who does it.  Consult and choose a board certified plastic surgeon who gets amazing results with breast lifts.I tink you would be best served with a superior pedicle with autoaugmentation technique that would provide you more projection and fullness than a traditional lift.  Hope this helps.

Breast lift and implant

You nipples are below the breast fold, so you need a lift with your augmentation of you will have a look you do not like. Scars fade a lot over time. I think the new youthful shape and size breasts that you will be able to achieve with the surgery will be worth the scars. Good luck