Looking for a breast lift surgeon. Any suggestions?

Hello! I am starting to look for surgeon to preform my breast lift surgery. I have been having trouble finding a surgeon so i decided to use this community. I am willing to travel pretty far, so i am looking for a doctor anywhere on the east coast. I am also looking for a doctor who has a lot of experience specifically with breast lift surgery. If you think you would be a good fit for me, leave me a comment and i will check you out! thank you so much!

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well! Is really important that you look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, that is the first thing that you need to be looking for. then you need to do some researches, before and after pictures of their patients, reviews after that when you feel that you find your dr. start comunicating with her/him and with the team to see how confortable you feel with them and if you made the correct desicion.

Good luck in this process and I hope you find the better dr. for you hun!!! :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Finding a surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Make sure that your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, they have experience in this procedure, can show you their before and afters, have good reviews and are members of ASAPS (aesthetic society).  Word of mouth can be helpful as well.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Looking for experienced breast lift surgeon

An experienced surgeon will explain what the problem is, offer a solution, possibly propose alternative treatments, discuss benefits and risks of each treatment and potential complications, and most importantly spend the time needed with the patient so the patient can ask questions and make a truly informed decision. These are the components of a comprehensive consultation. Be sure to obtainn more than one opinion if you feel it necessary. Breast lift is an elective procedure, so you have time to make a good decision on your surgeon. Good luck.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Finding a surgeon

Hi there and thank you for your question. Most people go with recommendations of their friends and relatives as despite the modern technological advances, there is nothing better than "word of mouth". Having said that you can apply a few basic principles when looking for a surgeon: 1) Are they board certified plastic surgeons? 2) Do they have a declared specialist interest in aesthetic breast surgery: check their publications/presentations/website on line  3) Do they have good reviews. Once you have narrowed it down then meet them in person and take it from there. Good luck.

Breast lift surgeon

Many people travel for their cosmetic procedures. I see patients from all over New York state as well as the east coast at my practice in Albany, NY. Whomever you decide to move forward with, I would recommend reviewing lots of before and after photos and read their reviews. It’s also very important to have a connection with your surgeon and to make sure that both of you are on the same page in terms of expectations so there are no surprises post operatively. Good luck with your search.