Is Botox or a brow lift right for me? (Photo)

I have heavy brows and I want to change that. I'm 20 and I don't currently have a problem with wrinkles. Judging by the pictures below, would you recommend an endoscopic brow lift or botox? Left side is completely relaxed, right side is with me raising my brows (I would feel comfortable with them being even higher than that). My goal is to have more of my mobile lid visible when my eyes are open and also to add more arch to my brows. (excuse the fact that I filled them in asymmetrically today)

I think reviewing your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon is an excellent place to start.  Your concerns and options (surgical and non-surgical can be reviewed in detail).  Fortunately your goals will likely be met with an injectable neurotoxin like Botox.  Getting an ideal result will require that your provider to determine the correct balance between the depressors (muscles that pull things down) and elevators (those that bring things up).  Unlocking the lateral and central portion of the muscle around the eye (obicularis oculi) will go a long way in helping you reach your aesthetic goals.

Is Botox or a brow lift right for me?

Thank you for your question. It is best if you visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. That way you can speak about your specific likes and dislikes and a realistic outcomes for all treatments. You can achieve a slight raise with Botox.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Brow lift

Thank you for your question babykeylimetree. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It can also be used to slightly adjust the position of the brows. Other non-surgical options include Ultherapy. Botox, Ultherapy, and surgery can all provide improvement. Most people enjoy the results of their Botox treatment for 3-4 months. Results from  surgery have a longer duration, but there is more recovery time and it is a larger investment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox and Brow Lift

Botox is a great way for you to have a mini "brow lift".  This is an advanced technique and I would consult a board certified physician who has experience with Botox.  Best, Dr. Green

Brow Lift?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine if Botox is right for you without a full assessment. Botox may assist in slightly lifting the brow.

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine your best options. 

Take care.

Thank you for your pictures and question. You are too young for a brow lift, I feel you will get a lot of improvement with Botox alone. You should consult with a plastic surgeon to learn more about how many units you need to achieve the result you want.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Is Botox or a Brow Lift Right For Me?

Dear babykeylimetree,

Botox may be able to improve your brow tone and position.

At your youthful age, a brow lift would considered an extreme option, although every person is unique.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs both Botox and brow lifts for an evaluation.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Is Botox or a brow lift right for me?

Yes, either choice or both or something else?... That something else would be -  a combination of BOTOX injections 25-50 units to lateral sub eyebrow and orbital crows feet areas as non invasive treatment + Silhouette temple Lift (4 x sutures with Sculptra cones) as a minimally invasive surgery under local anesthesia. Fee range from $2,000. 

Browlift is your best choice

Botox will most likely have very little effect on the height of your low set brows. I would recommend an endoscopic browlift. See a surgeon with extensive experience with surgical browlifting since the endoscopic technique does have a learning curve and can be more difficult in patients with thick, heavy brows. And, I wouldn't be concerned about your young age. It's not unusual for me to see patients in their 20's who need a browlift. What's nice is that the results from a browlift can last a lifetime.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Knight answers question about Botox in 20 year-old

Hi and thanks for your question.  Injection with Botox helps "feminize" the brow if done correctly, meaning a subtle widening of the eyes and arch to the brow.  It's easy to inject, relatively inexpensive, and not permanent.  I would certainly go down this road before considering surgery (i.e. brow lift) given your age.

See a board-certified dermatologist in your area for consultation and give it a shot if it's right for you.

There are many injection patterns, taylored to your specific needs.  It may take a few injections to get it perfect for you.

J. Matthew Knight, MD
Orlando Dermatologic Surgeon