Is Bellafill an option for hollowness in lower check area? (photo)

I want to have something done to fix the sunken, hallow look I have on my mid to lower cheek area as well as improve the dark bags I have under my eyes. I have looked at voluma, bellafill, and sculptra. They all seem to be options but honestly sculptra scares me a bit and before and after I see of voluma don't seem to show any real improvement. Any suggestions or guidance?

Bellafill for Restoration of Volume in Lower Cheeks

Hi and thank you for sharing your question here! Bellafill is a very good choice for restoration of volume in the cheeks and lower cheek area. On top of adding immediate volume upon injection, it is a stimulating filler and continues to work in the months that follow. For most patients and to get the best results, I usually do a second touch-up session after 6 weeks. Although Bellafill is an amazing filler, unfortunately it cannot be injected under the eyes and may cause lumps in the future. Please make sure to find a highly-experienced physician and good luck!   

Irvine Physician

Bellafill for the Lower Eyelid Area or Sunken Tired Look of Aging.

Bellafill for the lower lids and cheek area is a tremendous option as a filler.  For your concerns, the beauty of Bellafill is that you do not have to keep refilling like you would with the other fillers.!  Initially when Bellafill is injected it is mostly bovine collagen but after about 6 months, that collagen is replaced by your own collagen since the minute amount of PMMA that is in each syringe of Bellafill acts as a biostimulant.  Therefore, Bellafill is predictable, natural and far more affordable over the long term.

It is essentially permanent so you should make sure you see a well-qualified and experienced injector.  I believe that the best way to find someone who will be a good fit for you is to start right here on RealSelf.  Type in Bellafill and area on the RealSelf search bar and see who comes up.  Look not only for doctor listings but also to see if anyone in your area has answered any questions.  If they do, then you know they will be a board certified surgeon or dermatologist.  Next, check the Suneva website (Bellafill makers) or the Bellafill website and look for a provider in your area under the provider finder.  Check to see if there is a match.  If not, then look for a board certified surgeon or dermatologist.  They are usually most familiar with the use of a cannula.  Finally, when you have identified a couple of providers, call and ask if they use a cannula since that works the best for the lower lids.  Also, ask if the doctor does the injection or a nurse.  I would be cautious if it is not the physician.  Look at their before and after photos.

Remember, Bellafill is a permanent filler.  Although a terrific product, in the wrong hands it can create problems.

Go slowly. Do your research. Interview at least two practices.

I have added a link to before and after photos of patients with similar problems that have been treated with Bellafiill

I hope that helps and if it does please give it and up vote at the top right at the "report' button.  

Thanks.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Is Bellafill an option for lower cheek area?

I think that all of the products you mentioned (Voluma, Sculptra and Bellafill) are good and that any of them could give you a good result to add volume to the lower cheek.  I would not recommend using Bellafill or Sculptra under the eye however.  The skin there is very thin and it is possible that a visible irregularity could form there.  Voluma is an immediate filler that could last 1-2 years.  Sculptra and Bellafill are both stimulating agents that usually require a series of treatments to gradually obtain the desired result.  Sculptra results can last 2-4 years and Bellafill can last even longer.  A skin test would be necessary prior to receiving any Bellafill treatments.  I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist who is experienced in using these products.     

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filling cheeks, is Bellafill an option

Bellafill is a great option for this. I have a video on this, see below. I also think Sculptra is a good option as well. Since this is a long lasting filler, Bellafill must be injected by a very experience injector. I am a trainer and lecturer for Bellafill. Bellafill has 5 year safety data, more than any other filler.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bellafill!

Bellafill is an injectable filler that adds volume and is Biocompatible with PMMA cells- Which mean it works with your body to stimulate your own collagen.It is a great filler for the cheek, and under eye area. This filler can last you up to 5 years! The less you inject the better! Bellafill is now FDA approved for acne scarring. I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician