Back to the same doctor to correct failed rhinoplasty? Will I get charged the same or even more to fix the issues? (Photos)

I had rhinoplasty 2 years ago and now have crooked nostrils, a bump on the tip of my nose, and a skin fold in my left nostril. I did not have these issues before but just wanted a more refined look. I am scheduled to go back in to see my doctor soon. Should I find a new doctor? My current Dr. has had great reviews and is highly accredited. Could it just be just bad luck? Is this somthing that can be fixed?

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A revision rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so just make sure your surgeon has extensive experience performing the procedure. Asymmetrical nostrils are very difficult to fix. The other minor adjustments should be rather straightforward

Discuss your rhinoplasty concerns with your surgeon - and consider getting a second opinion.

The bump and asymmetry of your nasal tip is seen on your base view photo, but is difficult to see on your front view. If your surgeon is a reputable rhinoplasty specialist, you will gain information during a follow up visit. If surgery is suggested, there should not be an additional professional fee except for anesthesia and facility.

If you are not completely comfortable moving forward with your surgeon, consider bringing your operative report and preoperative photos to another rhinoplasty specialist for a consultation. Hope this helps. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision nose

j654897c, that is of course your decision but i feel that the majority of rhinoplasties and more importantly revision rhinoplasties should be done by surgeons that specialize in "only faces" and have decades of experience. The average plastic surgeon only does about 7-10 rhinoplasties during their training and after they are done and begin their practice very few concentrate on the face only. It takes years of experience and repetition to be good at doing this procedure. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

If you feel comfortable with your surgeon then I am sure he would be more than happy to help you with you situation. Best of luck.

Back to the same doctor to correct failed rhinoplasty? Will I get charged the same or even more to fix the issues

If you trust your surgeon, go back to him.  I cannot speak for other surgeons, but if a minor revision is needed there is no charge.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty Concerns

Thanks for your post. Rhinoplasty is a challenging surgery and sometimes over time the nose will heal in a fashion that neither you or your physician is happy about. Fortunately, your nose can be corrected via a revision rhinoplasty. Your plastic surgeon knows exactly what was done and may be in the best position to offer you an answer about what happened and how to improve the result. Given your doctors' excellent reviews and accreditations, it may be best to return to see him/her first to discuss this opportunity. A new perspective and opinion may be helpful if you want to compare different physicians and their respective approaches too. I am confident that your nose can be fixed. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon