Lots of flaws with nose 5 weeks post open rhinoplasty. Will a too high projected tip settle down to not be snout-like?

Will a too high projected tip settle down so not a snout look over more time?..he put some graft in tip I believe. Can swelling cause my nose to be pretty crooked after 5 weeks? Are there non permanent fillers that can be used to straighten nose..if so, how soon after surgery? Thank you for advise

5 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Early post-op appearance

Thanks for your post. During the early post-op period, when there is a lot of swelling in the nasal tip, the nose can have a slightly more upturned appearance. In my experience, the tip can settle down over time. Regarding the crooked issues with your nose, you may want to give more time before drawing final conclusions. Down the road, if there are small irregularities, yes, fillers can potentially be used to mask them. I would wait at least six months before doing so. Be sure to follow up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Assessing rhinoplasty results

As you are still healing, it is too early to judge the results. Allow yourself 6 months to heal before consulting with your surgeon regarding the results as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

5 week post op

Thank you for your question.  it is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery to see some asymmetries.  Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period.  It is usually six months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon