Is my vagina normal as compared to other 34 year old women? Loose, saggy, discolored skin, and I don't feel very "tight" (Photo)

Please help! I am so self conscious about everything "down there" I attached several different pictures. Why is one side savvier than the other? I feel like it is ugly and very unattractive! I've given birth twice. I've been with my boyfriend 2 years and he has a large penis.. Could this be making my vaginal opening and insides large? I do kegals and if even got the black noir luna beads (they are for women under 25 and never given birth ) I use them with no trouble..but still feel "big". Help!

Your vagina is completely normal! But good news: if it bothers you, you have a lot of great options.

Good afternoon and thank you for your question! 

The good news: your vagina is completely normal and you have absolutely nothing to be self conscious about. The even better news: if it does bother you, there are a lot of great options available, and you may be a great candidate for ThermiVa. ThermiVa is a non-surgical technology that uses radio-frequency to gently heat the vaginal tissues in a series of 3-4 extremely comfortable 30 minute treatments.  My suggestion would be to find a Board Certified ThermiVa provider near you and to see them for a personalized consultation. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Restoring and Rejuvenating with Female Genital Enhancement

I perform a variety of treatments and surgeries to enhance, restore and rejuvenate the female genital region. This includes procedures to improve moisture, sensitivity and tighten the vaginal canal; which can enhance orgasm and restore or improve the appearance of the vulva. This includes the labia minora, labia majora, the clitoral region and the vestibule of the vagina.
A vaginoplasty (commonly referred ton as vaginal rejuvenation) is when a diamond shaped section of tissue is excised from the inside of the vagina and brought down to the outside of the vagina.
Often times a small triangular area is also excised from the perineum (the area right below the vaginal opening). This is called a perineoplasty or perineorrhaphy. The size of the tissues removed rarely are larger than a domino block. If needed, sutures that bundle loose muscles together are used to narrow the vaginal opening.
If necessary, this may be combined with a #Labiaplasty which is a surgical procedure that will reduce and/or reshape the #labia. Labia minora are the inner lips of the vagina that cover the female clitoris and vaginal opening. Women with excessively large labia may experience pain during sexual relations, feel discomfort during normal activities or while wearing tight clothing. Or, the labia may be asymmetric or may #hang below the labia majora (the outer lips of the vagina) which some women find this unattractive. At times the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small. The size may be increased with fat injections.
Candidates for treatment include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.The specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.

Your Vagina is COMPLETELY Normal, But If It Truly Bothers You, You Have Options

Our vaginas are created to bring a human life into the world; That is, in my opinion, the greatest miracle of all. With this amazing gift of motherhood, however, most women do notice a change in their bodies. I believe it is a woman's right to change the appearance and / or function of her vagina if it is a significant concern for her and should she desire to do so.

If you feel the vagina is too loose that may be addressed with surgical vaginal rejuvenation, or vaginoplasty.The looseness you mention is more likely a result of childbirth rather than the size of your boyfriend's penis.  If you feel there is too much loose, flabby skin hanging down that is asymmetrical this may be addressed with labiaplasty surgery. Regardless, your first step is to schedule a consultation with at least one, preferably two or more,  Cosmetic Gynecologists or plastic surgeons who specializes in these procedures who can provide hundreds of before and after photos and patient testimonials. Cheers!

Tightening the Vagina

There are a few options for you and they are based on each part of the anatomy that is bothersome to you. Much like a facelift doesn't address eyelids, so too does a labiaplasty not address the vaginal opening.

Aging, childbirth, intercourse, hormones can all change the appearance of the vulva.

For the majora, you could undergo fat grafting to "plump" up the outer labia.

For the minora, a wedge labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction could make the appearance more "neat"

for the vaginal opening, the options are vaginoplasty (invasive) or ThermiVa (noninvasive). The noninvasive would be my first choice. It is a radiofrequency device that heats up the vaginal tissues from the outside, and causes some tightening to occur. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Aesthetic Concerns & Laxity Issues after Childbirth

Vaginal laxity (looseness of the vaginal canal) is common after childbirth at any age and it does not usually respond well to kegel exercises. The muscles have been pushed apart permanently by childbirth and will not come together in the center without vaginoplasty. Of course, vaginoplasty should only be considered if you're done having children. The external appearance can be treated with labiaplasty techniques.

Vaginoplasty

Let’s discuss your options. The first option is non surgical - Kegel maneuvers. I think every woman has been told by their gynecologist to do Kegel exercises in order to increase the tone of their vagina. The problem is that for most women, Kegel exercises are just not gonna cut it. It would be like a plastic surgeon telling patients to do sit ups and that would fix their tummies after childbirth. In both situations, the only solution is to surgically bring the muscles and tissue back to their original position.

Your second option is Laser vaginal rejuvenation performed under general anesthesia. We use a laser together with traditional surgical techniques to tighten the muscles and the pelvic structures around the vagina.  The smaller diameter of the vaginal vault will increase sexual response and enjoyment for both you and your partner.

Designer laser vaginoplasty is a different type of surgery, it is actually a cosmetic procedure for the external vagina.  The issues women typically want to address are long labia minora, the inner vaginal lips; excess fat on the upper portion of the vagina, the mons pubis; thin labia majora and/or puffy labia majora- just to mention a few.

Please consider scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is experienced with both vaginal rejuvenation and vaginoplasty to discuss your many options and create a customized plan for you.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Appearance of vaginal area

You appear to have normal anatomy for someone who has had a child. Both the external labia and the vaginal canal can be improved with surgery. Look for an experienced surgeon with credentials and plenty of before/afters of patients who look like you . Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon