Can I ask for a revision? My breasts are asymmetrical. (photos)

I had my BA done almost two months ago. On the day of surgery my doctor gave me 400 ccs in my right and 375 ccs in my left. I never noticed that much asymmetry before, but now the breast with the larger CCs is significantly larger! Can I ask for a revision surgery? How much will it cost? My watch it on my left hand in the after pictures for reference.

When to Consider a Breast Revision

Typically, it's best to wait 6 to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision.  Matters such as sagging or drooping  and size change will not improve with time. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Can I ask for a revision? My breasts are asymmetrical.

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Small difference

you do have some size difference from right to left, as ALL woman do and you are no different. The 25cc is a very small difference in the size of the implants and wont make a huge difference on the table for the result. It appears you have a fairly nice result, waiting it out another few months prior to asking for revision surgery is reasonable. 

Nathan Eberle, MD, DDS
Weston Physician

I do see asymmetry but I don't know what the breasts looked like before surgery. I would wait another 1-2 months and then return to your PS. If you are not satisfied with your surgeon's response you may want to  consult with 1 or 2 other Board Certified PS. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Thank you for your question and photo.  I do see the asymmetry that dimension.   However 25 cc is a very very small implant size difference.

I honestly think it is too early to think about a revision with a smaller implant.  You are still swollen and the implant and your breast will adjust more over the next 2-3 months.  If at 6 months the size difference is still bothering you that be the time I would consider placing a smaller implant.   To do it too early might result in the breast appearing to small compared to the other side.

However it is appropriate to see her surgeon now  and discuss your unhappiness so that at 6 months a revision will be possible.

Breast Asymmetry?

I appreciate your concern, but it is a bit early in your postop course to think about revisions. Your photos demonstrate a very nice result! Try to be patient and remember, it it very rare to see perfectly symmetrical breasts, with or without surgery! Give it another 3-4 months and then evaluate with your surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast augmentation

Yes, I appreciate some asymmetry. You should give it 4 months or so to see if some of the difference is related to swelling.  Best of luck.

Thanks for your question.

The answer is not as simple as the question. All women have some native asymmetry, and you did demonstrate this before your surgery, as you do a bit after surgery. The question is not whether it exists, but rather, how much this bothers you. the size difference is very subtle by your photos, but the nipple position asymmetry is more evident in the nude, and this is much more a function of your anatomy than your surgery. 

Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and he or she will e able to critically evaluate you and let you know about your options. Overall it appears that you have a very nice result. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

From your photographs, there was some pre operative asymmetry that will sometimes be magnified after surgery. However, there appears to be more than a 25 cc difference in size. A simple in office ultrasound can readily discern whether a small fluid collection has appeared around the right implant. As far as costs go, each office will have their own policy.  I recommend you follow up with your operating plastic surgeon  Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS