Nose tip asymmetry surgery. (photos)

Hello, When i was still developing i took the habit of pinching the right side of my nose tip. One day i pinched it so hard it "separated" from the rest of the nose and twisted a bit (about 20 degree). I like my nose structure but i want it to look simetric as if this incident never happened. I would like to know if i should correct this assimetry, doctor recomendations (US), if another surgery will be necessary in the distant future, if its complex, prices, etc. Thanks!

Nasal tip correction

The nasal tip cartilages do not always develop symmetrically.  Correction of your concerns may require specific steps to stabilize the nasal tip in addition to improving the symmetry of the lower third of the nose.  I perform 3D pre-operative imaging and simulation with Canfield's Vectra M3 for all rhinoplasty patients.  This planning session is important for both patient and surgeon to ensure that the desired goals are mutually agreeable and achievable.  

Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nose

Titus1, Interesting history. Would have to see if the caudal edge of your septum is involved; if not a straight tip plasty should work. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has a ton of good photos. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more symmetrical and pleasing.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tip asymmetry

Your tip does appear asymmetric in the images provided. It should be fairly simple to expose the lower lateral cartilages of the tip and suture them together to recreate natural symmetry. The simplicity of the procedure would suggest a low revision rate. Of course a thorough history and exam would be required for a definitive plan. See a board certified Plastic Surgeon for a expert opinion. Good luck.

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tip shape in rhinoplasty

I love specific questions like this.First I think all rhinoplasty procedures should be considered complex.  This is the thoughtful, careful, and precision focused why to approach noses to produce favorable and predictable results.While I general don't advocate for "tip rhinoplasties"  in your case that is what would be needed to address your issue.  The focus would be to reshape the underlying lower cartilages to make them more symmetric. This would involve a combination of tip shaping and lateral crura shape sutures, in addition to what is called a subdomal graft.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD