Why does minoxidil only work for some telogen effluvium patients? Are there any successes with minoxidil and telogen effluvium?

I've had a diagnosis from my dermatologist of chronic telogen effluvium. I'm 21 and a male and I want to speed the recovery process. Will minoxidil work? What are the chances of it working for me assuming that i am a good candidate?

CTE and minoxidil

CTE is tricky to treat, the most difficult is removal of the trigger. Minoxidil may work, but it is best to have a full consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and review nonsurgical options for you as well, and track photographs over time.

Chicago Physician

Getting The Best Results with Hair Loss Treatments--Prp and progesterone

Minoxidil works best in combination. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a hair loss expert. Combining minoxidil with prp and progesterone injections are a great option! See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Topical minoxidil

The effects of topical minoxidil on TE is variable; however, systemic use of this medication is use in parts of the world very effectively, Ask your doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil Effectiveness? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

Monoxidil  is only effective in 40%  of individuals. Minoxidil  requires an enzyme called sulfo transferase to activate the monoxidil to minoxidil sulfate. Only 40% of individuals have this enzyme. There is a test that will be available  soon to determine if an individual has the enzyme. As of today, its impossible to predict who will get an effective result.

Prphairmd.com 

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon