How long does it take for both breasts to "drop and fluff" when implant sizes are different? Both are soft and pain free (Photo)

PS stated that although he thought the R breast was larger (bc it was hanging longer than the left), it did not have the volume of the left. 475cc was placed to R and 425cc to left. At 1 month post op visit, massage started twice a day, upward push x 10 reps.

Implant settling

Each breast may respond a bit differently. They both look good so far in your last photo posting. Best of luck.

Drop and fluff

Congratulations, it looks like you are going to have a very nice result!
At this stage, you are still early in the healing process.  The final result for a breast augmentation or Lift is never really judged until several months from the procedure.  Typically, I will wait 6 months before I assess the results.  Of course, it can be difficult to be patient while awaiting a result for such a long time, especially when you are excited.  But, keep in mind that living human tissues are different than sculpting with plastic or sewing with cloth.  Those substances are fixed and don't change much with time.  Human tissues, on the other hand, stretch, spread, settle, and change as they go through the different stages of healing.  This process takes time and as it proceeds, your result will change until the healing is complete.
This is why plastic surgeons will always advise patience for the first few months after these procedures.  In the meantime, keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon and he/she can assure you that things are proceeding in the right direction.
I hope this info helps!
Best of Luck, 
Dr. Subbio
Philadelphia/Newtown Square
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

How long does it take for both breasts to "drop and fluff" when implant sizes are different?

Thank you for your photos, it is a pleasure to answer your question. At 1 month post op you are very early of your recovery from breast lift surgery. At this point It looks like you are doing very well. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure; based on your photographs, I think that your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you and you have a very nice early outcome.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.