I had a mommy makeover with lipo and full TT 2 weeks ago today. I'm concerned about my belly button. (Photo)

Is this a normal healing looking belly button or am I in trouble?

Healing & Recovering after a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Umbilical healing

At two weeks it is not unusual for the look of your umbilicus to be concerning to you, but if your Plastic Surgeon feels that you are on track, continue to follow their directions and alert them of any changes.

Take care

I had a mommy makeover with lipo and full TT 2 weeks ago today. I'm concerned about my belly button.

Thank you for your question and photographs. It appears that your belly button was initially having healing issues but these have largely improved.  There is still a small area of an open wound along the edge but this should heal with conservative dressing management.  Hang in there, and keep close follow up with your surgeon to avoid further issues.  

Healing around the umbilicus after an abdominoplasty

It is not unusual to have a problem with marginal necrosis of the umbilicus.  With good conservative care this should heal without a problem.  Your plastic surgeon will assist you and make recommendations during this healing process.  

Appears as superficial skin loss but over the internet very hard to advise. If you fell you are NOT receiving the responses from your chosen surgeon than seek in person second opinions...

It is not uncommon to have some vascular compromise of the belly button following a tummy tuck.  It appears from your photos that although your belly button has had some compromise, it is recovering.  In most cases this area will heal with good local wound care.  Keeping the area clean and applying a topical antibiotic (Polysporin, Neosporin, or Silvadene cream) will help speed the process.  Check with your surgeon for their recommendations.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

In trouble?

Thank you for your question and photos.  The healing progression of your belly button suggests that you are most likely not in trouble.  However, your belly button is clearly not fully healed.  Therefore you should be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions for wound care to ensure proper healing moving forward.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL