I live in Charleston, SC. Should I travel to Miami to find a surgeon who specializes in BBL? (Photo)

I'm not seeing a lot of posts regarding patients who have had a bbl in the Charleston area. If a doctor does 1-2 BBL a week does that qualify him enough? Or should I look for someone who has more?

I live in Charleston, SC. Should I travel to Miami to find a surgeon who specializes in BBL?

Most board certified plastic surgeons specialize in multiple procedures...they don't just do one surgery. Doing 1-2/week of a specific surgery is plenty for a good plastic surgeon to have nice results at that procedure. You want to look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that has done enough of BBLs to have a photo gallery with several different body types. You can even ask to speak with more than one previous patient that had that procedure. Traveling to Miami does not guarantee that you will have better results. You still need to make sure that the surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon etc. Also, remember you will not have any follow up with that doctor unless you fly  there again.

SC Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Great Question. Most board certified plastic surgeons specialize in multiple procedures. It is important while doing your research that you find a board certified plastic surgeon. You are more than welcome to schedule a consultation with me to discuss your options and goals locally in South Carolina. Also, please view my website for before and after photos of the BBL's that I have performed. Best of luck in your search.Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS, MBAWeniger Plastic Surgery(843) 757-0123

BBL

Good luck with your search for a BBL surgeon in you area.  You can start out by going to the ASPS or ASAPS websites. 

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Liposuction of the abdomen, sides, and back with fat transfer to the buttocks would likely yield a very nice result.