I am 44 years old, 5'3", 110 lbs. Would I be a candidate for lipo? Esp in my thighs and butt area? (Photo)

A liposuction would be very effective for you in your outer thigh area. It generally does not help with the cellulite, however. You could combine this with a ThermiTight  procedure to tighten your skin. The ThermiTight has been found to be quite effective in many patients with cellulite. It's possible that the ThermiTight is the only procedure that you need to both dissolve fat and tighten skin.

My suggestion is to locate a plastic surgeon who can can offer these procedures to you, and have a personal consultation to evaluate the options.

Thank you for your inquiry and the photographs.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate waist contouring liposuction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction of thighs and buttocks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You may be a candidate for microcannula liposuction to contour your buttocks and thighs.
  • Your photos show several areas of dimpled skin -
  • Liposuction wlll not remove them, may make them worse and release with small fat transfers would be needed if they bother you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Candidate for Liposuction of Buttock and Thighs -- Hi Definition Procedure With Fat Grafting

Buttock needs volume like fat or sculptra along with RF treatments to tighten the skin.  A more aggressive approach is using implants which are very safe.  I suggest only getting a hi definition procedure given your cirucumstances and this may mean going to a body shaping expert who works with a lot precision liposuction patients.  Best, Dr. Emer.