Downsizing from high profile to moderate profile? (photos)

I have 290cc high profile mentor saline implants (10.8cm base, 4.7 cm projection) put in under muscle 4mos. ago with a lollipop lift. I am contemplating downsizing to 150cc moderate profile mentor saline (10.0cm base, 3.1cm projection) in the hopes that there's less pressure / weight on my muscles / rib cage / nerves and a more natural look...what is recommended method for this procedure? Hoping to avoid another lift and that my breast pain will lesson cuz I'm scared of complete removal.

Downsizing from high profile to moderate profile?

It is certainly feasible to #downsize to smaller implants and also alter the positioning; if possible. However, decreasing is size may also require a Breast #Lift to to #tighten loose skin, better optimize the end result. Any #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingent on shape of body and your desired outcome.

Many patients who are very lean and have tight well-developed muscles have the sensation of pressure or tightness for several months after surgery. I think it is quite likely that if you wait another 4 months the sensation of pressure will be alleviated. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

If you are downsizing. you may need a little bit of a lift with the procedure and the pocket may need to be adjusted.  Good luck.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. Based on your description of concerns, I would agree with other respondents the in that it may be too early to proceed with additional surgery.  If, the longer term, you remain concerned about the size of your breasts, removal/replacement alone may be necessary to achieve your size goals. It is always is hard to predict whether or not decreasing breast implant size will necessarily alleviate discomfort.   Also, sometimes, additional work such as “capsule work” (capsulorraphy) is necessary to improve the outcome of surgery when patients undergo downsizing of breast implants.  I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Implant exchange

Going from 290 to 150 will make little or no difference. I will probably make no difference in your symptoms.
I would recommend waiting another 2-3 months.

Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

High Profile Implants

My first reaction to your question is that, if your real concern is the 'pressure/weight on my muscles/rib cage/nerves/more natural look', then I'd suggest that you wait this out- it's only been 4 months.  Your muscle discomfort is all still normal to some point in this time-frame.  If your issue is that you feel you're larger than you'd like, then that' a whole different story.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Implant Downsizing

Good afternoon,

This really should be a very straightforward, minimal downtime procedure, since you just had your lift and you're only going down from 290cc to 150cc. I do not believe you will need another lift- I think a simple take out your current implants and replace them with Mentor 150cc Moderate Classic profile silicone gel implants will look awesome!

I have also attached a link to my breast augmentation revision photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!