Breast implant removal - scar indented - will this go away with massage? (Photo)

I had a lollipop lift with implants 6 months ago and for various reasons (pain, rippling, affected my active life), chose to have them removed. My PS recommended removal through existing vertical incision but it's now indented and puckered - it's been 4 weeks and I've been massaging them for 2 weeks but doesn't seem to be improving much - will it get better with time or what else can be done?

Breast reshaping after breast implant removal

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, time will allow your tissues to remodel. It may not be enough to satisfy your aesthetic goals and another enhancement procedure may be beneficial. The scar may have to be revised and the breast reshaped. If you have some body fat, then placing some of your body fat into your breasts may fill up some of the void left by the implants. Or you may select to have smaller implants replaced.

Below is a link to learn more about implant removal.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

You are still healing, and it is possible that further improvement can occur.  The remodeling of the area is a slow process.  Try to be patient.  If after 6 months post op you are still unhappy with the appearance, you can explore other options to help you achieve the look you want.  

Camille Cash, MD

Implant removal issue

At 4 week you are still healing. The puckering may improve with time. Best of luck with your results. 

Breast implant removal

breast implant removal only four weeks ago, your incisions will continue to remodel for a year or two. You might try Silagen application to the wound BID. Your breasts look perky considering the removal of implants, looks like you had an expert lift. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - scar indented

At six months it may be a little wishful to think that it will get better on its own.

It might, so as long as it seems to be improving, however slowly, you can let it takes its course.

Ultimately, though, you may need to consider a surgical revision to get the result you want.  However, you may need to consider doing similar procedures to both sides in order to maintain symmetry.  In other words, just trying to make the scar on the left better may, in so doing, produce a result that is then "more different" from the right than it is now, at least from the front.  If you're happy with the right, and the nipple position on the left, it may be better to have only the smallest of revisions, if any, on the left.

You would need to discuss this in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon; you may want to get additional opinions aside from that of your own surgeon.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100