Would rhinoplasty be right for me? (Photo)

I've been considering getting a nose job for awhile now. I don't like the size of my nose or the tip. Would rhinoplasty be a good option for me? I've also heard that sometimes jaw reduction is done with rhinoplasty and I wonder if I would need both done.

Would rhinoplasty be right for me?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

I see no benefit to you by having any kind of nasal surgery. There is no lateral view, to support the idea that you have an oversized jaw.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

A rhinoplasty to reduce and refine your tip carilages and narrow your alar base would be nice.  You appear to have a nice dorsal profile so you do not need a reduction of your bridge. 

Tip plasty?

From your photos the best I can tell is that you may have a slightly bulbous tip.  The rest of your nose looks pretty good.  It is hard to tell from the photos since they are not taken to highlight just your nose.  It is not difficult to reshape the tip cartilages and make that portion of your nose a little bit more refined.  I would not recommend any jaw reduction surgery as this is a major undertaking and I do not see from your photos that much of a an overprojecting jaw.  Correction of the nasal tip would range in cost from $3500-to $5000 all inclusive.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are Rhinoplasty and Chin Reduction Right for Me?

A rhinoplasty to reduce and feminize your nose. I've done a chin reduction at the same time on many occasions. I need to see a profile view to determine if the chin surgery is appropriate.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Based on the photographs your nose fits your face very well.  A rhinoplasty would not be an advisable option.  The goal of rhinoplasty is to make sure it fits the face and does not serve as a distraction.  Your nose is already appropriate for your face and I do not think you need to change it in any way.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maybe rhinoplasty is right for you...

... but I can't tell yet! Usually, when I answer a RealSelf question, I make a computer morph to show what changes can happen in a nose with rhinoplasty, but your photos are far too small to be able to morph. Can you post or send larger photos?

Also, since you are considering surgery, you should read my "Web reference" link, just below my response here. It gives valuable information on how to stay out of trouble while looking for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

The photos presented are out of focus and inadequate to make a determination about what may or may not be required for a rhinoplasty procedure. Only the patient can answer the question as to whether not they wish to proceed with performing a rhinoplasty procedure. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening the nose, shaving down dorsal hump, narrowing the tip and refining the bridge line with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For more information and many examples including our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty with natural results--not the nose job look.

Rhinoplasty with natural results--not the nose job look. I need to see better photos. You do not appear to need jaw surgery.