What is the life expectancy of saline implants?

I have wonderful soft 20 yo saline implants. I need a lift and can't decide if I should replace them. I am worried about contraction if I replace.

There is no time limit as to when or if you need to exchange your breast implants. I have heard from patients that they have heard that breast implants need to be changed every 10 years. The only reason you need to exchange your breast implants is if you are having a problem with them or if you'd like to change the size.
Some of the potential complications that may arise would be deflation, capsular contracture, bottoming out, or just size change. If you are happy with the size/shape/symmetry of your breast implants and are having no problems, you don't need to do anything. I hope this helps. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

No predictable life expectancy

Once placed, saline implants rupture at a rate of 1%/yr.  There is no way to predict life expectancy.  Early data from the Ideal saline implant demonstrated lower deflation rates than either Mentor or Allergan devices.  That being said, leave things alone.  Do the lift and let things take their course. 

No predictable life expectancy

Life expectancy of breast implants

Breast implants, saline and silicone, have a normal life expectancy of between 10 and 15 years.   Overall, the rupture rate is about 1% per year.    Fortunately, with the "no-touch technique" using a Keller funnel, the capsular contracture rate is extremely low.   

Life expectancy of breast implants

Saline Implants

Saline implants will deflate if they rupture and you will know.

A nurse I work with has had hers for over forty years.

Don't have to replace them if they are fine.

Saline Implants

Saline implant life expectancy

Hello, there is no set time when saline implants must be replaced.  If they are soft and look normal they can be left in.  

Saline implant life expectancy

Implant lift

There is no exact life span of implants, but if they have been in for 20 years and you are going to undergo another breast procedure, then if you were my patient, I probably would change them.

Implant lift