Is It Possible to Change the Facial Contour?

Hi I'm currently in my early thirties I'm bothered with my facial contour. My face looks long,my cheekbones stick out and the curve on my mandible sit very low. When I look in the mirror my face seems better in proportion when I smile. There is less space between the nose and mouth. My mandible appear wider and more in sync with my cheekbones. I'm not 21anymore. Im afraid to get implants cause Im afraid I'll look shallow. Could some injectable give volume there? What procedures could help me?

Doctor Answers 4

Facial Contouring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Facial contouring can be achieved using a combination of non-surgical techniques, including fillers and botox/dysport to achieve a natural and balanced result.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can properly evaluate you and assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Changing facial contour

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, there are many options, but you would need to post pictures or be seen in person to give you specific recommendations.  However, products such as Botox and fillers such as Sculptra, Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane and fat grafting can all be use to improve facial structure.  There are also more invasive methods such as facial implants which can be used to alter facial structure.  I would suggest consulting with your local board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.


Good Luck.

Changing facial contour

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Both facial fillers and implants are available to change facial contour. The pros and cons of each and which would best meet your goals is something you need to have a consult for.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

You might also like...

Improving facial contour

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

To attain better balance to the face and change the contour there are several options available:

-Facial implants

-Facial fillers: Usually a combination of fillers such as Radiesse and Juvederm can be used to fill depressed areas, add volume, and contour the facial features

-Botox: can be used for masseter muscle hypertrophy and narrow the angle fo the mandible

-Fat grafting: fat can be transplanted from other parts of the body to add volume to sunken areas of face

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 139 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.