When can you say botched?

When can you say botched? Can I say botched if my surgeon missed the bottoms of my areolas while performing a breast lift? Can I say botched if I've had at least 10 doctors say they only way to fix my tummy tuck is a total tummy tuck revision? I looked up the definition of botched. I feel botched. When is ok to say it?

When can you say botched?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. i am sorry to here about your past experience however it is time to move on and find the way forward then to dwel on to the past as it will not resolve anythıng.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

When can I say "botched"

I'm sorry to hear that your plastic surgery did not go as planned. It's been my experience that at this point rather than dwell on the past it would be important to move forward by trying to resolve whatever needs to be done to correct the situation that you're in now. I know there's a TV show called botched and that seems to be a popular word amongst patients. Most plastic surgeons to see someone else's work would comment that they weren't there when the surgery was done and therefore can't really offer an opinion as to what was done wrong or right. I tell my patients let's concentrate now on what we can do to make things better. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for the best.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

When can you say botched?

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment after tummy tuck surgery. I am somewhat confused by your question; if I understand it correctly, you are free to use the word "botched" at any time.  This freedom (of speech) is protected by the  First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Having said that, I would wonder whether you would be better off spending time/energy improving your outcome either with your plastic surgeon ( assuming he/she is very well experienced Board certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate good quality work that you would approve of) or with another board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.  To this end, calm/constructive communication is helpful;  utilizing potentially inflammatory words such as "botched" usually does not serve much constructive purpose.