Had my first ProFractional session yesterday, face is swollen and there is acne, what can I do to fix it? (photos)

I had the ProF yesterday and i'm worried because of the swollen and acne. This swollen is big and feels hard when you touch it, even 3 acne spots appeared. My doc told me to use Aquaphor Healing Ointment so i wash my face because it sweats and apply the product but i have oily skin and i am afraid that can produce more acne. What can i do? About the swollen can i apply something cold to reduce it or all I have to do is just wait? and how much time can this take to get away? Help me please.

ProF post care

Hello . Thank you for sharing your pictures . The reaction from the photo is normal after Profractional  treatment . It is recommended to apply cold compressed every 1-2 hrs , 24 hrs post treatment , to help with the swelling and redness . The pimples are normal. The reactions will take up to 5 days to resolve.

Continue with the aquaphore ointment . Hope you feel better .

Montreal Dermatologist

After care for Profx

Everything you are describing is completely normal and expected. The little white bumps are just a reaction to the open skin and Aquaphor blocking the pores, you may develop more as you continue to heal.  You can use cold compresses to help soothe and decrease the swelling. I would continue to wash your face and reapply the ointment as needed throughout the day as you feel dry and the skin feels tight. Good luck with healing.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon