Looking for general advice. I am planning to correct my crooked nose and lower the nasal radix (Photo)

I feel that my face is unattractive. My maxilla seems to have grown downward instead of forward so I have no cheekbones, my eyes are close to each other, and my eyes and mouth are to far apart. Also I have a wide forehead. I am planning to correct my crooked nose and lower the nasal radix. Any procedure suggestions? Cheek implants?

General advice

Firstly, I think you are harder on yourself than you need to be.  It would be more effective to be evaluated in person by a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who can thoroughly examine you and explain the many options that are available to you, ranging from minimally-invasive procedures to surgery.  Best wishes!

Rhinoplasty and facial shaping options

Thank you for the question and the photo.  I think many of us have similar concerns or dislikes about various aspects of our face.  Some aspects of our facial appearance are easier to modify than others.  For example, the size and projection of our facial skeleton takes a lot more to significantly modify requiring longer down times and more invasive procedures.  I would prioritize and start with your nose and then work your way around to lightly camouflage the other areas.  A brow lift and forehead reduction combination may be an option to help "open" up the eyes and reduce the amount of forehead skin that is visible.  Fat grafting to the cheeks for projection may also be a good option.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Looking for general advice. I am planning to correct my crooked nose and lower the nasal radix

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Multiple questions

Are you kidding?  You look great!  It is hard to tell if a rhinoplasty would be of benefit to you judging by the photos.  Cheeks implants?  Forget it, they're nothing but trouble.  I'm trying to save you from getting over operated, and from your question, you could be lured into having far too much surgery then you need because you feel you are unattractive, which is not true at all.  Trust me, I see it every day.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

What can I do to make myself more attractive?

I actually disagree with you. You are attractive at least in the photo you provided. All of us can improve different parts to enhance what we feel is missing or out of balance. You need to consult with a plastic surgeon. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facial appearance

It is difficult to give advice without lateral and oblique photos and in person exam in your case.  You can only do so much with the nose alone.  Find a surgeon well versed in facial surgery for all options to reach your goal.  Good luck.  Donald R Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon 

Donald Nunn, MD

Facial Aging and Rhinoplasty Questions

Dear Kathy, Most women around your age begin with the same complaints and concerns. The beginning of the aging process starts in most patients in the upper third of the face. Many patients at this age will have an endoscopic brow lift with some fat transfer to the face as well as rhinoplasty surgery. Loss of volume in the face is very common at this age and is often treated with fillers alone if the patient is not undergoing surgery. To view some endoscopic lifts you can see the link below and I think you will find that many of the patients have similar aging concerns. You are an attractive young lady and should have a nice result from surgery. Make sure you consult with some experts in the field of facial plastic surgery, review many before and after photographs, as it is pertinent that you choose a surgeon who will allow you a nice natural appearance. You want to look the same way you did in your photographs from ten years ago and not look like you have had surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Your photo resolution is too low to comment about your nose. I do not recommend cheek implants for you.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Facial surgery options

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Facial rejuvenation needs to be individualized. What would be an ideal approach for one patient is not necessarily the same for someone else. Based on the examination and discussion at the consultation, you should have a better understanding of the various options that can achieve the best cosmetic result for you.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

To straighten a crooked nose requires a rhinoplasty. Closed rhinoplasty approach can address straightening the nasal bones with osteotomies, and possible placement of a spreader graft  in the mid vault area underneath a concave upper lateral cartilage. Cheek implants are only placed for patients who  have a very flat maxilla.