Crease in my tummy after Tummy tuck. (photo)

Will this crease go away it's like a skin fold and I'm hoping it gets better and will my belly button look better with time

Tummy contours improve with time

and yours are anticipated to get better as well.  Skin laxity and pressure from the compression garment facilitate that fold and with healing, it usually goes away.  If it doesn't office revisions can certainly help minimize or eliminate it.  So focus on healing and then re-evaluate when you're considered 'healed'.

Crease in my tummy after Tummy tuck.

With a tummy tuck as the time passes the swelling in your upper abdomen goes down, but the swelling in your lower abdomen stays longer as it is dependent with gravity. This swelling in your lower abdomen leads to the tissues almost folding in on themselves in the midline when wearing the garment creating a crease. This will go away with time as the swelling goes down. Putting a dry gauze in the crease can keep moisture down.

Creases after tummy tuck

It appears you are fairly early after the surgery. I think there is a lot of edema (swelling), which will take several months to subside. I believe the creasing and irregularities will go away. Be patient! 

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Crease after a tummy tuck

How long ago was your tummy tuck. It seems that you still have quite a bit of swelling. Your two concerns will probably disappear after the swelling goes down. This could take many weeks or longer.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - crease noted after surgery?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.
  • Yes - the crease will go away as the swelling around it subsides 
  • And the belly button will improve too, as the swelling subsides.
  • These are normal appearances soon after surgery - you seem to be doing fine.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Crease in tummy?

Hello Roxy. The photos show you're early postop and have a small fold in between your belly button and lower incision. Since it is so early on, I believe the fold, which is a common finding after surgery, will get better in time. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Crease in my tummy after Tummy tuck.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. They are most familiar with your medical history, details of your surgery, and how you are healing.  Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Will the crease in my tummy go away after my tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question.  Your photo appears that you recently had your surgery?  If so, then patience is all you need right now.  Make sure you are regularly following up with your Plastic Surgeon and listening to your postoperative instructions.  
All incisions need time to heal.  I always tell my patients that things change quite a bit over the first 2-3 months, and it takes a full year for your scars to be mature.  The crease you are seeing may or may not go away, but my advice is to wait it out and allow your swelling to go down over the next few weeks.  My guess is that it will dramatically improve or disappear.  The same thing applies to your belly button.  Best of luck!

Breast reduction and lipo under arms and stomach area 11 days ago. Is this normal? Will this change in time?

Thank you for your question and photo.  No online reviewer can diagnose or make treatment recommendations without an examination and complete medical history.  It may be common to have swelling and folds in the skin in the early healing period.  Sometimes this is expected and will resolve as one heals.  Other times this is not expected and may require intervention to improve.  I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon for assessment and recommendations.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Scars and healing time.

Generally speaking, scars improve with time.  Puckering and creases from swelling soon after surgery get better as the deep sutures dissolve and the swelling resolves.  It is normal to see some irregularities in the skin in the first few weeks after surgery.  If these irregularities persist after 6-12 months than they can usually be corrected with some minor procedure.

Samuel Beran, MD