5'7", 235 lbs. I want a tummy tuck + lipo (Photo)

Looking for a doctor who specializes in PLUS SIZE tummy tuck & some type liposuction I want a shapelier waist & stomach, I'm 235 lbs 5'7" I lost 40lbs over 2 years , I have low thyroid it's hard to lose weight? how much for both procedures ?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

5. I want a tummy tuck and lipo, 235 pounds.

• From the looks of your tissue, you have certain anatomy that causes your abdomen to protrude. This is a combination of internal adipose tissue as well as external adipose tissue. I do not believe a tummy tuck would meet your goals. I do believe that before your embark on any type of cosmetic surgery it would be advisable to lose approximately 50 pounds. That would make the operation safer and it would be easier to create the result you are looking for.

5'7", 235 lbs. I want a tummy tuck + lipo

While I understand that you have more difficulty losing weight due to your hypothyroid condition, it is in your best interest for a better aesthetic result if you were at least within 25 to 30 lbs within your goal weight.  As another surgeon has mentioned, an abdominoplasty will tighten your abdominal muscles and remove excess skin and fat over the muscle but will not affect excess fat in your abdominal cavity which is under the muscle.  This fat can only be lost with further weight loss.  Your end result will be much better if you lose a bit more weight first because your abdomen will not be flat until the fat around your organs diminishes.  I would still advise consultations with board certified plastic surgeons so this can be verified during an in-person exam.  During your consultations a good game plan can be laid out for you.  Best of luck.  

Michael Brucker, MD

Tummy Tuck/ Abdominoplasty/ Reverse Tummy Tuck/ Liposuction/Muscle Plication/ Fleur de lis Abdominoplasty

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!  What a great accomplishment.  For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

It really isn't a question of surgeons with experience on overweight patients, it's a question of the quality of results. At your BMI you have to much internal fat that cannot be corrected by any surgeon, no matter their skill, and thus cannot get a very satisfying result. Plus, with a BMI over 35 you are at an unacceptable risk from postop complications.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Keep losing weight

Thank you for your questions and for your photos. This is NOT the right time for you to have your surgery. The results on that weight are inferior and there is a higher percentage of complications. You should keep losing weight. My best wishes.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Plus size TT and lipo

Dear beabutterfly,

Thank you for posting pictures with your question.  Your current weight and height place you with a 36.9 BMI Body Mass Index. The recommendation is to have a BMI around a 35 to have a reasonable and lower risk. You need to have 223 lbs to achieve the desired number. If you have already loss 40 lbs you can drop 12 more. After having a tummy tuck and lipo your body will experiment a drastic change with a flatter abdomen and a curvier shape. Keep the effort! Best wishes.

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

Weight and a tummy tuck

I perform many tummy tucks on large and small women.  If you are in good health condition and low risk for blood clots, then you are a candidate. It looks as if you have a large amount of visceral fat. This is the fat  on the inside and only can be lost by weight loss.  The hanging skin can be treated well.  A consultation is needed.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Reaching a healthy weight is always advisable before body contouring surgery.

Thank you for your question and photos. I understand how difficult it can be for individuals with thyroid issues to lose weight, and this is undoubtedly very frustrating for you. Ideally, we advise people to reach and maintain a healthy weight before having body contouring procedures such as liposuction or a tummy tuck. These surgeries can offer some improvement for individuals like you, but I would caution you to be very realistic about the amount of improvement you can achieve because you appear to have a great deal of visceral fat which cannot be removed with liposuction. Consult with a board certified plastic surgery to explore your options and be sure to discuss the limitations of these procedures with him or her. Best of luck to you.