Should I get a panniculectomy done for my overhang? I've felt that if I could remove it, the motivation to diet would come.

I was at 300 lbs in January and have lost and gained over 45 pounds. Right now I'm at 275. I'm 5'4 and sick of going up and down with my weight and I know it's mostly because I have a super large stomach compared to everywhere else on my body. Im 24 and other than very mild hypothyroidism, I have no problems.

Panniculectomy during weight loss

I agree that sometimes cosmetic surgery can be a motivating factor. However, if you have a panniculectomy now, it will need to be redone after you have lost more weight. Congratulations on the weight loss to date and keep working hard on it!