What Should I Do About This mole? (photos)

I Have This Mole On My Stomach I've Had it For Some Time Now But It Was Much smaller Now It's The Size Of A Pencil Eraser probably A Little Bigger It Does Hurt From Time To Time But No Bleeding Has Ever Came From It

Doctor Answers 2

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest seeing an expert for a consultation as this need a formal evaluation and can be improved with a simple procedure in the office.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Changing and painful mole

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, any changing lesion needs to be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist, where an instrument called dermatoscope is used to look at the lesion under higher magnification to determine if any irregularities are present. If your lesion has any abnormalities, then a biopsy should be performed, and the tissue sent to a lab for evaluation. I understand changing lesions are frightening, therefore, I highly recommend you consult with a dermatologist to evaluate your skin. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.